ismaili
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ismaili

The forum of ismailian Interlocution

HomePortalLatest imagesSearchRegisterLog in
Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search
Latest topics
» Born special: A family’s journey of acceptance and hope
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:23 pm by mohnnad ismail

» Fasting and diabetes
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:21 pm by mohnnad ismail

» Mawlana Hazar Imam visits East Africa-31 July 2009
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:19 pm by mohnnad ismail

» The Summer Programme on Islam 2009-September 2009
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeWed Sep 02, 2009 10:15 pm by mohnnad ismail

» Career Pathways Seminar for IIS Students and Alumni-January 2008
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:11 pm by mohnnad ismail

» 'CIM' lecture series: 'Everyday modernity in the Arab world'-January 2008
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:08 pm by mohnnad ismail

» IIS launches its first three Jubilee publications-January 2008
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:06 pm by mohnnad ismail

» Annemarie Schimmel Scholarship Awarded to Professor Rahile Dawut-February 2008
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:03 pm by mohnnad ismail

» IIS Scholar presents at St. John’s College, Oxford University-February 2008
Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeMon Aug 31, 2009 9:01 pm by mohnnad ismail

Some Ismaili SItes
Affiliates
free forum

Qur’an in english

Go down 
Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next
AuthorMessage
gebran-ja

Number of posts : 148
Registration date : 2008-10-25

Qur’an in english - Page 3 Empty
PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:30 am

belongeth to Allah. So wait! Lo, I am waiting with you.
21. And when We cause mankind to taste of mercy after some adversity which had afflicted them, behold! they have
some plot against Our revelations. Say : Allah is more swift in plotting. Lo! Our messengers write down that which ye
plot.
22. He it is Who maketh you to go on the land and the sea till, when ye are in the ships and they sail with them with a
fair breeze and they are glad therein, a storm wind reacheth them and the wave cometh unto them from every side and
they deem that they are overwhelmed therein; (then) they cry unto Allah, making their faith pure for Him only; If Thou
deliver us from this, we truly will be of the thankful.
23. Yet when He hath delivered them, behold! they rebel in the earth wrongfully. O mankind! Your rebellion is only
against yourselves. (Ye have) enjoyment of the life of the world; then unto Us is your return and We shall proclaim
unto you what ye used to do.
24. The similitude of the life of the world is only as water which We send down from the sky, then the earth's growth
of that which men and cattle eat mingleth with it till, when the earth hath taken on her ornaments and is embellished,
and her people deem that they are masters of her, Our commandment cometh by night or by day and we make it as
reaped corn as if it had not flourished yesterday. Thus do We expound the revelations for people who reflect.
25. And Allah summoneth to the abode of peace, and leadeth whom He will to a straight path.
26. For those who do good is the best (reward) and more (thereto). Neither dust nor ignominy cometh near their faces.
Such are rightful owners of the Garden; they will abide therein.
27. And those who earn ill deeds, (for them) requital of each ill deed by the like thereof; and ignominy overtaketh them.
They have no protector from Allah. As if their faces had been covered with a cloak of darkest night. Such are rightful
owners of the Fire; they will abide therein
28. On the day when We gather them all together, then We say unto those who ascribed partners (unto Us): Stand back,
ye and your (pretended) partners (of Allah)! And We separate them, the one from the other, and their (pretended)
partners say: It was not us ye worshipped.
29. Allah sufficeth as a witness between us and you, that we were unaware of your worship.
30. There doth every soul experience that which it did aforetime, and they are returned unto Allah, their rightful Lord,
and that which they used to invent hath failed them.
31. Say (unto them, O Muhammad): Who provideth for you from the sky and the earth, or Who owneth hearing and
sight; and Who bringeth forth the living from the dead and bringeth forth the dead from the living; and Who directeth
the course? They will say : Allah. Then say : Will ye not then keep your duty (unto Him)?
32. Such then is Allah, your rightful Lord. After the Truth what is there saving error? How then are ye turned away!
33. Thus is the Word of thy Lord justified concerning those who do wrong : that they believe not.
34. Say : Is there of your partners (whom ye ascribe unto Allah) one that produceth Creation and then reproduceth it?
Say: Allah produceth creation, then reproduceth it. How then, are ye misled!
35. Say: Is there of your partners (whom ye ascribe unto Allah) one that leadeth to the Truth? Say: Allah leadeth to the
Truth. Is He Who leadeth to the Truth more deserving that He should be followed, or he who findeth not the way unless
he (himself) be guided. What aileth you? How judge ye?
36. Most of them follow naught but conjecture. Assuredly conjecture can by no means take the place of truth. Lo! Allah
is Aware of what they do.
37. And this Qur’an is not such as could ever be invented in despite of Allah; but it is a confirmation of that which was
before it and an exposition of that which is decreed for mankind. Therein is no doubt from the Lord of the Worlds.
38. Or say they: He hath invented it? Say: Then bring a surah like unto it, and call (for help) on all ye can besides Allah,
if ye are truthful.
39. Nay, but they denied that, the knowledge whereof they could not compass, and whereof the interpretation (in
events) hath not yet come unto them. Even so did those before them deny. Then see what was the consequence for the
wrongdoers!
40. And of them is he who believeth therein, and of them is he who believeth not therein, and thy Lord is best aware
of the corrupters.
41. And if they deny thee, say: Unto me my work, and unto you your work. Ye are innocent of what I do, and I am
innocent of what ye do.
42. And of them are some who listen unto thee. But canst thou make the deaf to hear even though they apprehend not?

43. And of them is he who looketh toward thee. But canst thou guide the blind even though they see not?
44. Lo! Allah wrongeth not mankind in aught; but mankind wrong themselves.
45. And on the day when He shall gather them together, (when it will seem) as though they had tarried but an hour of
the day, recognizing one another, those will. verily have perished who denied the meeting with Allah and were not
guided.
46. Whether We let thee (O Muhammad) behold something of that which We promise them or (whether We) cause
thee to die, still unto Us is their return, and Allah, moreover, is Witness over what they do.
47. And for every nation there is a messenger. And when their messenger cometh (on the Day of Judgment) it will be
judged between them fairly, and they will not be wronged.
48. And they say: When will this promise be fulfilled, if ye are truthful?
49. Say: I have no power to hurt or benefit myself, save that which Allah willeth. For every nation there is an appointed
time. When their time cometh, then they cannot put it off an hour, nor hasten (it).
50. Say: Have ye thought: When His doom cometh unto you as a raid by night, or in the (busy) day; what is there of it
that the guilty ones desire to hasten?
51. Is it (only) then, when it hath befallen you, that ye will believe? What! (Believe) now, when (until now) ye have been
hastening it on (through disbelief)?
52. Then will it be said unto those who dealt unjustly: Taste the torment of eternity. Are ye requited aught save what
ye used to earn?
53. And they ask thee to inform them (saying): Is it true? Say: Yea, by my Lord, verity it is true, and ye cannot escape.
54. And if each soul that doeth wrong had all that is in the earth it would seek to ransom itself therewith; and they will
feel remorse within them, when they see the doom. But it hath been judged between them fairly and they are not
wronged.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:31 am

55. Lo! verily all that is in the heavens and the earth is Allah's. Lo! verity Allah's promise is true. But most of them
know not.
56. He quickeneth and giveth death, and unto Him ye will be returned.
57. O mankind! There hath come unto you an exhortation from your Lord, a balm for that which is in the breasts, a
guidance and a mercy for believers.
58. Say: In the bounty of Allah and in His mercy: therein let them rejoice. It is better than what they hoard.
59. Say: Have ye considered what provision Allah hath sent down for you, how ye have made of it lawful and unlawful?
Say: Hath Allah permitted you, or do ye invent a lie concerning Allah?
60. And what think those who invent a lie concerning Allah (will be their plight) upon the Day of Resurrection? Lo!
Allah truly is Bountiful toward mankind, but most of them give not thanks.
61. And thou (Muhammad) art not occupied with any business and thou recitest not a lecture from this (Scripture), and
ye ( mankind) perform no act, but We are Witness of you when ye are engaged therein. And not an atom's weight in
the earth or in the sky escapeth your Lord, nor what is less than that or greater than that, but it is (written) in a clear
Book.
62. Lo! verily the friends of Allah are (those) on whom fear (cometh) not, nor do they grieve.
63. Those who believe and keep their duty (to Allah),
64. Theirs are good tidings in the life of the world and in the Hereafter. There is no changing the Words of Allah that
is the Supreme Triumph.
65. And let not their speech grieve thee (O Muhammad). Lo! power belongeth wholly to Allah. He is the Hearer, the
Knower.
66. Lo! is it not unto Allah that belongeth whosoever is in the heavens and whosoever is in the earth? Those who follow
aught instead of Allah follow not (His) partners. They follow only a conjecture. and they do but guess.
67. He it is who hath appointed for you the night that ye should rest therein and the day giving sight. Lo! herein verily
are portents for a folk that heed.
68. They say: Allah hath taken (unto Him) a son. Glorified be He! He hath no needs! His is all that is in the heavens and
all that is in the earth. Ye have no warrant for this. Tell ye concerning Allah that which ye know not?
69. Say: Verily those who invent a lie concerning Allah will not succeed.
70. This world's portion (will be theirs), then unto Us is their return. Then We make them taste a dreadful doom
because they used to disbelieve.

71. Recite unto them the story of Noah, when he told his people: O my people! If my sojourn (here) and my reminding
you by Allah's revelations are an offence unto you, in Allah have I put my trust, so decide upon your course of action,
you and your partners. Let not your course of action be in doubt, for you. Then have at me, give me no respite.
72. But if ye are averse I have asked of you no wage. My wage is the concern of Allah only, and I am commanded to
be of those who surrender (unto Him).
73. But they denied him, so We saved him and those with him in the ship, and made them viceroys (in the earth), while
We drowned those who denied Our revelations. See then the nature of the consequence for those who had been warned.
74. Then, after him, We sent messengers unto their folk, and they brought them clear proofs. But they were not ready
to believe in that which they before denied. Thus print We on the hearts of the transgressors.
75. Then, after them, We sent Moses and Aaron unto Pharaoh and his chiefs with Our revelations, but they were
arrogant and were a guilty folk.
76. And when the Truth from Our presence came unto them, they said: This is mere magic.
77. Moses said: Speak ye (so) of the Truth when it hath come unto you? Is this magic? Now magicians thrive not.
78. They said: Hast thou come unto us to pervert us from that (faith) in which we found our fathers, and that you two
may own the place of greatness in the land? We will not believe you two.
79. And Pharaoh said: Bring every cunning wizard unto me.
80. And when the wizards came, Moses said unto them: Cast your cast!
81. And when they had cast, Moses said : That which ye have brought is magic. Lo! Allah will make it vain. Lo! Allah
upholdeth not the work of mischief makers.
82. And Allah will vindicate the Truth by His words, however much the guilty be averse.
83. But none trusted Moses, save some scions of his people, (and they were) in fear of Pharaoh and their chiefs, that
they would persecute them. Lo! Pharaoh was verily a tyrant in the land, and Lo! he verily was of the wanton.
84. And Moses said: O my people! If ye have believed in Allah then put trust in Him, if ye have indeed surrendered
(unto Him)!
85. They said: In Allah we put trust. Our Lord! Oh, make us not a lure for the wrongdoing folk;
86. And, of Thy mercy, save us from the folk that disbelieve.
87. And We inspired Moses and his brother, (saying): Appoint houses for your people in Egypt and make your houses
oratories, and establish worship. And give good news to the believers.
88. And Moses said: Our Lord! Lo! Thou hast given Pharaoh and his chiefs splendour and riches in the life of the world,
Our Lord! that they may lead men astray from Thy way. Our Lord! Destroy their riches and harden their hearts so that
they believe not till they see the painful doom.
89. He said: Your prayer is heard. Do ye twain keep to the straight path, and follow not the road of those who have no
knowledge.
90. And We brought the Children of Israel across the sea, and Pharaoh with his hosts pursued them in rebellion and
transgression, till, when the (fate of) drowning overtook him, he exclaimed: I believe that there is no God save Him
in whom the Children of Israel believe, and I am of those who surrender (unto Him).
91. What! Now! When hitherto thou hast rebelled and been of the wrong doers?
92. But this day We save thee in thy body that thou mayest be a portent for those after thee. Lo! most of mankind are
heedless of Our portents.
93. And We verify did allot unto the Children of Israel a fixed abode, and did provide them with good things; and they
differed not until knowledge came unto them. Lo! thy Lord will judge between them on the Day of Resurrection
concerning that wherein they used to differ.
94. And if thou (Muhammad) art in doubt concerning that which We reveal unto thee, then question those who read the
Scripture (that was) before thee. Verily the Truth from thy Lord hath come unto thee. So be not thou of the waverers.
95. And be not thou of those who deny the revelations of Allah, for then wert thou of the losers.
96. Lo! those for whom the word of thy Lord (concerning sinners) hath effect will not believe,
97. Though every token come unto them, till they see the painful doom.
98. If only there had been a community (of all those that were destroyed of old) that believed and profited by its belief
as did the folk of Jonah. When they believed We drew off from them the torment of disgrace in the life of the world
and gave them comfort for a while.
99. And if thy Lord willed, all who are in the earth would have believed together. Wouldst thou (Muhammad) compel

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:32 am

men until they are believers?
100. It is not for any soul to believe save by the permission of Allah. He hath set uncleanness upon those who have no
sense.
101. Say: Behold what is in the heavens and the earth! But revelations and warnings avail not folk who will not believe.
102. What expect they save the like of the days of those who passed away before them? Say: Expect then! I am with
you among the expectant.
103. Then shall We save Our messengers and the believers, in like manner (as of old). It is incumbent upon Us to save
believers.
104. Say (O Muhammad): O mankind! If ye are in doubt of my religion, then (know that) I worship not those whom ye
worship instead of Allah, but I worship Allah who causeth you to die, and I have been commanded to be of the believers.
105. And, (O Muhammad) set thy purpose resolutely for religion, as a man by nature upright, and be not of those who
ascribe partners (to Allah).
106. And cry not, beside Allah, unto that which cannot profit thee nor hurt thee, for if thou didst so then wert thou of
the wrong-doers.
107. If Allah aflicteth thee with some hurt, there is none who can remove it save Him; and if He desireth good for thee,
108. Say: O mankind! Now hath the Truth from your Lord come unto you. So whosoever is guided, is guided only for
(the food of) his soul, and whosoever erreth erreth only against it. And I am not a warder over you.
109. And (O Muhammad) follow that which is inspired in thee, and forbear until Allah give judgment. And He is the
Best of Judges.
Surah 11. Hud

1. Alif. Lam. Ra. (This is) a Scripture the revelations whereof are perfected and then expounded. (It cometh ) from One
Wise, Informed,
2. (Saying) : Serve none but Allah. Lo! I am Unto you from Him a warner and a bringer of good tidings.
3. And (bidding you) : Ask pardon of your Lord and turn to Him repentant. He will cause you to enjoy a fair estate until
a time appointed. He giveth His bounty unto every bountiful one. But if ye turn away, Lo! (then) I fear for you the
retribution of an awful Day.
4. Unto Allah is your return, and He is able to do all things.
5. Lo! now they fold up their breasts that they may hide (their thoughts) from Him. At the very moment when they
cover themselves with their clothing, Allah knoweth that which they keep hidden and that which they proclaim. Lo! He
is Aware of what is in the breasts (of men).
6. And there is not a beast in the earth but the sustenance thereof dependeth on Allah. He knoweth its habitation and
its repository. All is in a clear record.
7. And He it is Who created the heavens and the earth in six Days and His Throne was upon the water that He might try
you, which of you is best in conduct. Yet if thou (O Muhammad) sayest: Lo! ye will be raised again after death ! those
who disbelieve will surely say : This is naught but mere magic.
8. And if We delay for them the doom until a reckoned time, they will surely say : What withholdeth it? Verily on the
day when it cometh unto them, it cannot be averted from them, and that which they derided will surround them.
9. And if We cause man to taste some mercy from Us and afterward withdraw it from him, lo! he is despairing,
thankless.
10. And if We cause him to taste grace after some misfortune that had befallen him, he saith : The ills have gone from
me. Lo! he is exultant, boastful;
11. Save those who persevere and do good works. Theirs will be forgiveness and a great reward.
12. A likely thing, that thou wouldst forsake aught of that which hath been revealed unto thee, and that thy breast should
be straitened for it, because they say: Why hath not a treasure been sent down for him, or an angel come with him?
Thou art but a warner, and Allah is in charge of all things.
13. Or they say: He hath invented it. Say: Then bring ten surahs, the like thereof, invented, and call on everyone ye can
beside Allah, if ye are truthful!
14. And if they answer not your prayer, then know that it is revealed only in the knowledge of Allah; and that there is
no God save Him. Will ye then be (of) those who surrender?

15. Whoso desireth the life of the world and its pomp, We shall repay them their deeds herein, and therein they will
not be wronged.
16. Those are they for whom is naught in the Hereafter save the Fire. (All) that they contrive here is vain and (all) that
they are wont to do is fruitless.
17. Is he (to be counted equal with them) who relieth on a clear proof from his Lord, and a witness from Him reciteth
it, and before it was the Book of Moses, an example and a mercy? such believe therein, and Whoso disbelieveth therein
of the clans, the Fire is his appointed place. So be not thou in doubt concerning it. Lo! it is the Truth from thy Lord;
but most of mankind believe not.
18. Who doeth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah? Such will be brought before their Lord,
and the witnesses will say : These are they who lied concerning their Lord. Now the curse of Allah is upon
wrong-doers,
19. Who debar (men) from the way of Allah and would have it crooked, and who are disbelievers in the Hereafter.
20. Such will not escape in the earth, nor have they any protecting friends beside Allah. For them the torment will be
double. They could not bear to hear, and they used not to see.
21. Such are they who have lost their souls, and that which they used to invent hath failed them.
22. Assuredly in the Hereafter they will be the greatest losers.
23. Lo! those who believe and do good works and humble themselves before their Lord: such are rightful owners of
the Garden; they will abide therein.
24. The similitude of the two parties is as the blind and the deaf and the seer and the hearer. Are they equal in
similitude? Will ye not then be admonished?
25. And We sent Noah unto his folk (and he said): I am a plain warner unto you.
26. That ye serve none, save Allah. Lo! I fear for you the retribution of a painful Day.
27. The chieftains of his folk, who disbelieved, said: We see thee but a mortal like us, and we see not that any follow
thee save the most abject among us, without reflection. We behold in you no merit above us nay, we deem you liars.
28. He said: O my people! Bethink you, if I rely on a clear proof from my Lord and there hath come unto me a mercy
from His presence, and it hath been made obscure to you, can we compel you to accept it when ye are averse thereto?
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:33 am

29. And O my people! I ask of you no wealth therefor. My reward is the concern only of Allah, and I am not going to
thrust away those who believe Lo! they have to meet their Lord but I see you a folk that are ignorant.
30. And, O my people! who would deliver me from Allah if I thrust them away? Will ye not then reflect?
31. I say not unto you: "I have the treasures of Allah" nor "I have knowledge of the Unseen," nor say I: "Lo! I am an
angel!" Nor say I unto those whom your eyes scorn that Allah will not give them good Allah knoweth best what is their
hearts Lo! then indeed I should be of the wrong doers.
32. They said: O Noah! Thou hast disputed with us and multiplied disputation with us; now bring upon Us that where
with thou threatenest us, if thou art of the truthful.
33. He said: Only Allah will bring it Upon you if He will, and ye can by no means escape.
34. My counsel will not profit you if I were minded to advise you, if Allah's will is to keep you astray. He is your lord
and unto Him ye will be brought hack.
35. Or say they (again) He hath invented it? Say: If I have invented it, upon me be my crimes, but I am innocent of (all)
that ye commit.
36. And it was inspired in Noah, (saying) : No one of the folk will believe save him who hath believed already. Be not
distressed because of what they do.
37. Build the ship under Our Eyes and by Our inspiration, and speak not unto Me on behalf of those who do wrong. Lo!
they wilt be drowned.
38. And he was building the ship, and every time that chieftains of his people passed him, they made mock of him. He
said: Though ye make mock of us, yet we mock at you even as ye mock;
39. And ye shall know to whom a punishment that will confound him cometh, and upon whom a lasting doom will fall.
40. (Thus it was) till, when Our commandment came to pass and the oven gushed forth water, We said: Load therein
two of every kind, a pair (the male and female), and thy household, save him against whom the word hath gone forth
already, and those who believe. And but a few were they who believed with him.
41. And he said: Embark therein! In the name of Allah be its course and its mooring. Lo! my Lord is Forgiving,
Merciful.

42. And it sailed with them amid waves like mountains, and Noah cried unto his son and he was standing aloof: O my
son! Come ride with us, and be not with the disbelievers.
43. He said: I shall betake me to some mountain that will save me from the water. (Noah) said: This day there is none
that saveth from the commandment of Allah save him on whom He hath had mercy. And the wave came in between
them, so he was among the drowned.
44. And it was said: O earth! Swallow thy water and, O sky! be cleared of clouds! And the water was made to subside.
And the commandment was fulfilled. And it (the ship) came to rest upon (the mount) Al-Judi and it was said: A far
removal for wrongdoing folk!
45. And Noah cried unto his Lord and said : My Lord! Lo! my son is of my household! Surely Thy promise is the Truth
and Thou art the Most Just of Judges.
46. He said: O Noah! Lo! he is not of thy household; lo! he is of evil conduct, so ask not of Me that whereof thou hast
no knowledge. I admonish thee lest thou be among the ignorant.
47. He said: My Lord! Lo! in Thee do I seek refuge (from the sin) that I should ask off Thee that whereof I have no
knowledge. Unless Thou forgive me and have mercy on me I shall he among the lost.
48. It was said (unto him) : O Noah! Go thou down (from the mountain ) with peace from Us and blessings upon thee
and some nations (that will spring) from those with thee. (There will be other) nations unto whom We shall give
enjoyment a long while and then a painful doom from Us will overtake them.
49. This is of the tidings of the Unseen which We inspire in thee (Muhammad). Thou thyself knewest it not, nor did
thy folk (know it) before this. Then have patience. Lo! the sequel is for those who ward on (evil)
50. And unto (the tribe of) Aad (We sent) their brother, Hud. He said: O my people! Serve Allah! Ye have no other God
save Him. Lo! ye do but invent!
51. O my people! I ask of you no reward for it. Lo! my reward is the concern only of Him who made me. Have ye then
no sense?
52. And, O my people! Ask forgiveness of your Lord, then turn unto Him repentant; He will cause the sky to rain
abundance on you and will add unto you strength to your strength. Turn not away, guilty!
53. They said: O Hud! Thou hast brought us no clear proof and we are not going to forsake our gods on thy (mere)
saying, and we are not believers in thee.
54. We say naught save that one of our gods hath possessed thee in an evil way. He said: I call Allah to witness, and do
ye (too) bear witness, that I am innocent of (all) that ye ascribe as partners (to Allah)
55. Beside Him. So (try to) circumvent me, all of you, give me no respite.
56. Lo! I have put my trust in Allah, my Lord and your Lord. Not an animal but He doth grasp it by the forelock! Lo!
my Lord is on a straight path.
57. And if ye turn away, still I have conveyed unto you that wherewith I was sent unto you, and my Lord will set in place
of you a folk other than you. Ye cannot injure Him at all. Lo! my Lord is Guardian over all things.
58. And when Our commandment came to pass We saved Hud and those who believed with him by a mercy from Us;
We saved them from a harsh doom.
59. And such were Aad. They denied the revelations of their Lord and flouted His messengers and followed the
command of every froward potentate.
60. And a curse was made to follow them in the world and on the Day of Resurrection. Lo! Aad disbelieved in their
Lord. A far removal for Aad, the folk of Hud!
61. And unto (the tribe of) Thamud (We sent) their brother Salih.. He said : O my people! Serve Allah, Ye have no other
God save Him. He brought you forth from the earth and hath made you husband it. So ask forgiveness of Him and turn
unto Him repentant. Lo, my Lord is Nigh, Responsive.
62. They said: O Salih! Thou hast been among us hitherto as that wherein our hope was placed. Dost thou ask us not
to worship what our fathers worshipped? Lo! we verily are in grave doubt concerning that to which thou callest us.
63. He said: O my people! Bethink you: if I am (acting) on clear proof from my Lord and there hath come unto me a
mercy from Him, who will save me from Allah if I disobey Him? Ye would add to me naught save perdition.
64. O my people! This is the camel of Allah, a token unto you, so suffer her to feed in Allah's earth, and touch her not
with harm lest a near torment seize you.
65. But they hamstrung her, and then he said: Enjoy life in your dwelling place three days! This is a threat that will not
be belied.

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:34 am

66. So, when Our commandment came to pass, We saved Salih, and those who believed with him, by a mercy from Us,
from the ignominy of that day. Lo, thy Lord! He is the Strong, the Mighty.
67. And the (Awful) Cry overtook those who did wrong, so that morning found them prostrate in their dwellings,
68. As though they had not dwelt there. Lo! Thamud disbelieved in their Lord. A far removal for Thamud!
69. And Our messengers came unto Abraham with good news. They said: Peace! He answered: Peace! and delayed not
to bring a roasted calf.
70. And when he saw their hands reached not to it, he mistrusted them and conceived a fear of them. They said : Fear
not! Lo! we are sent unto the folk of Lot.
71. And his wife, standing by, laughed when We gave her good tidings (of the birth) of Isaac, and, after Isaac, of Jacob.
72. She said: Oh, woe is me! Shall I bear a child when I am an old woman, and this my husband is an old man? Lo! this
is a strange thing!
73. They said: Wonderest thou at the commandment of Allah? The mercy of Allah and His blessings be upon you, O
people of the house! Lo! He is Owner of Praise, Owner of Glory!
74. And when the awe departed from Abraham, and the glad news reached him, he pleaded with Us on behalf of the folk
of Lot.
75. Lo! Abraham was mild, imploring, penitent.
76. (It was said) O Abraham! Forsake this! Lo! thy Lord's commandment hath gone forth, and lo! there cometh unto
them a doom which cannot be repelled.
77. And when Our messengers came unto Lot, he was distressed and knew not how to protect them. He said: This is
a distressful day.
78. And his people came unto him, running towards him and before then they used to commit abominations He said:
O my people! Here are my daughters! They are purer for you. Beware of Allah, and degrade me not in (the person of)
my guests. Is there not among you any upright man?
79. They said: Well thou knowest that we have no right to thy daughters, and well thou knowest what we want.
80. He said: Would that I had strength to resist you or had some strong support (among you)!
81. (The messengers) said: O Lot! Lo! we are messengers of thy Lord; they shall not reach thee. So travel with thy
people in a part of the night, and let not one of you turn round (all) save thy wife. Lo! that which smiteth them will
smite her (also). Lo! their tryst is (for) the morning. Is not the morning nigh?
82. So when Our commandment came to pass We overthrew (that township) and rained upon it stones of clay, one after
another,
83. Marked with fire in the providence of thy Lord (for the destruction of the wicked). And they are never far from the
wrong-doers.
84. And unto Midian (We sent) their brother Shueyb. He said: O my people! Serve Allah. Ye have no other God save
Him! And give not short measure and short weight. Lo! I see you well to do, and lo! I fear for you the doom of a
besetting Day.
85. O my people! Give full measure and full weight in justice, and wrong not people in respect of their goods. And do
not evil in the earth, causing corruption.
86. That which Allah leaveth with you is better for you if ye are believers; and I am not a keeper over you.
87. They said: O Shueyb! Doth thy way of prayer command thee that we should forsake that which our fathers (used
to) worship, or that we (should leave off) doing what we will with our own property. Lo! thou are the mild, the guide
to right behaviour.
88. He said: O my people! Bethink you: if I am (acting) on a clear proof from my Lord and He sustaineth me with fair
sustenance from Him (how can I concede aught to you)? I desire not to do behind your backs that which I ask you not
to do. I desire naught save reform so far as I am able. My welfare is only in Allah. In Him I trust and unto Him I turn
(repentant).
89. And, O my people! Let not the schism with me cause you to sin so that there befall you that which befell the folk
of Noah and the folk of Hud, and the folk of Salih; and the folk of Lot are not far off from you.
90. Ask pardon of your Lord and then turn unto Him (repellent). Lo! my Lord is, Merciful, Loving.
91. They said: O Shueyb! We understand not much of that thou tellest, and lo! we do behold thee weak among us. But
for thy family, we should have stoned thee, for thou art not strong against us.
92. He said: O my people! Is my family more to be honoured by you than Allah? And ye put Him behind you, neglected!

Lo! my Lord surroundeth what ye do.
93. And, O my people! Act according to your power, lo, I (too) am acting. Ye will soon know on whom there cometh
a doom that will abase him, and who it is that lieth. And watch! Lo! I am watcher with you.
94. And when Our commandment came to pass we saved Shueyb and those who believed with Him by a mercy from
Us; and the (Awful) Cry seized those who did injustice, and morning found them prostrate in their dwellings.
95. As though they had not dwelt there. A far removal for Midian, even as Thamud had been removed afar!
96. And verily We sent Moses with Our revelations and a clear warrant.
97. Unto Pharaoh and his chiefs, but they did follow the command of Pharaoh, and the command of Pharaoh was no
right guide.
98. He will go before his people on the Day of Resurrection and will lead them to the Fire for watering place. Ah,
hapless is the watering place (whither they are) led.
99. A. curse is made to follow them in the world and on the Day of Resurrection. Hapless is the gift (that will be) given
(them).
100. That is (something) of the tidings of the townships' (which were destroyed of old). We relate it unto thee
(Muhammad). Some of them are standing and some (already) reaped.
101. We wronged them not, but they did wrong themselves; and their gods on whom they call beside Allah availed them
naught then came thy Lords command; they added to them naught save ruin.
102. Even thus is the grasp of thy Lord when he graspeth the townships while they are doing wrong. Lo! His grasp is
painful, very strong.
103. Lo! herein verily there is a portent for those who fear the doom of the Hereafter. That is a day unto which mankind
will be gathered, and that is a day that will be witnessed.
104. And We defer it only as a term already reckoned.
105. On the day when it cometh no soul will sneak except by His permission; some among them will be wretched,
(others) glad.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:35 am

106. As for those who will be wretched (on that day) they will be in the Fire; sighing and wailing will be their portion
therein.
107. Abiding there so long as the heavens and the earth endure save for that which thy Lord willeth. Lo! thy Lord is
Doer of what He will.
108. And as for those who will be glad (that day) they will be in the Garden, abiding there so long as the heavens and
the earth endure save for that which thy Lord willeth: a gift unfailing.
109. So be not thou in doubt concerning that which these (folk) worship. They worship only as their fathers worshipped
aforetime. Lo! We shall pay them their whole due unabated.
110. And We verily gave unto Moses the Scripture, and there was strife thereupon; and had it not been for a Word that
had already gone forth from thy Lord, the case would have been judged between them, and Lo! they are in grave doubt
concerning it.
111. And lo! unto each thy Lord will verily repay his works in full. Lo! He is Informed of what they do.
112. So tread thou the straight path as thou art commanded, and those who turn (unto Allah) with thee, and transgress
not. Lo! He is Seer of what ye do.
113. And incline not toward those who do wrong lest the Fire touch you, and ye have no protecting friends against
Allah, and afterward ye would not be helped.
114. Establish worship at the two ends of the day and in some watches of the night. Lo! good deeds annul ill deeds. This
is a reminder for the mindful.
115. And have patience, (O Muhammad), for lo! Allah loseth not the wages of the good.
116. If only there had been among the generations before you men possessing a remnant (of good sense ) to warn (their
people) from corruption in the earth, as did a few of those whom We saved from them! The wrong doers followed that
by which they were made sapless, and were guilty.
117. In truth thy Lord destroyed not the townships tyrannously while their folk were doing right.
118. And if thy Lord had willed, He verily would have made mankind one nation, yet they cease not differing,
119. Save him on whom thy Lord hath mercy; and for that He did create them. And the Word of thy Lord hath been
fulfilled: Verily I shall fill hell with the jinn and mankind together.
120. And all that We relate unto thee of the story of the messengers is in order that thereby We may make firm thy

heart. And herein hath come unto thee the Truth and an exhortation and a reminder for believers.
121. And say unto those who believe not : Act according to your power. Lo! we (too) are acting.
122. And wait! Lo! we (too) are waiting.
123. And Allah's is the Invisible of the heavens and the earth, and unto Him the whole matter will be returned. So
worship Him and put thy trust in Him. Lo! thy Lord is not unaware of what ye (mortals) do.
Surah 12. Yusuf

1. Alif. Lam. Ra. These are verses of the Scripture that maketh plain.
2. Lo! We have revealed it, a Lecture in Arabic, that ye may understand.
3. We narrate unto thee (Muhammad) the best of narratives in that We have inspired in thee this Qur’an, though
aforetime thou wast of the heedless.
4. When Joseph said unto his father: O my father! Lo! I saw in a dream eleven planets and the sun and the moon, I saw
them prostrating themselves unto me.
5. He said: O my dear son! Tell not thy brethren of thy vision. lest they plot a plot against thee. Lo! Satan is for man
an open foe.
6. Thus thy Lord will prefer thee and will teach thee the interpretation of events, and will perfect his grace upon thee
and upon the family of Jacob as he perfected it upon thy forefathers, Abraham and Isaac. Lo! thy Lord is Knower, Wise.
7. Verily in Joseph and his brethren are signs (of Allah's Sovereignty) for the inquiring.
8. When they said: Verily Joseph and his brother are dearer to our father than we are, many though we be. Lo! our father
is in plain aberration.
9. (One said) : Kill Joseph or cast him to some (other) land, so that your father's favour may be all for you, and (that)
ye may afterward be righteous folk.
10. One among them said: Kill not Joseph but, if ye must be doing, fling him into the depth of the pit; some caravan
will find him.
11. They said: O our father! Why wilt thou not trust us with Joseph, when lo! we are good friends to him?
12. Send him with us tomorrow that he may enjoy himself and play. And lo! we shall take good care of him.
13. He said: Lo! in truth it saddens me that ye should take him with you, and I fear lest the wolf devour him while ye
are heedless of him.
14. They said: If the wolf should devour him when we are (so strong) a band, then surely we should have already
perished.
15. Then, when they led him off, and were of one mind that they should place him in the depth of the pit, We inspired
in him: Thou wilt tell them of this deed of theirs when they know (thee) not.
16. And they came weeping to their father in the evening.
17. Saying: O our father! We went racing one with another, and left Joseph by our things, and the wolf devoured him,
and thou believest not our sayings even when we speak the truth.
18. And they came with false blood on his shirt. He said: Nay, but your minds have beguiled you into something. (My
course is) comely patience. And Allah it is whose help is to be sought in that (predicament) which ye describe.
19. And there came a caravan, and they sent their water- drawer. He let down his pail (into the pit). He said: Good luck!
Here is a youth. And they hid him as a treasure, and Allah was Aware of what they did.
20. And they sold him for a low price, a number of silver coins; and they attached no value to him.
21. And he of Egypt who purchased him said unto his wife: Receive him honourably. Perchance he may prove useful
to us or we may adopt him as a son. Thus We established Joseph in the land that We might teach him the interpretation
of events. And Allah was predominant in his career, but most of mankind know not.
22. And when he reached his prime We gave him wisdom and knowledge. Thus We reward the good.
23. And she, in whose house he was, asked of him an evil act. She bolted the doors and said: Come! He said: I seek
refuge in Allah! Lo! he is my lord, who hath treated me honourably. Wrong doers never prosper.
24. She verily desired him, and he would have desired her if it had not been that he saw the argument of his lord. Thus
it was, that We might ward off from him evil and lewdness. Lo! he was of Our chosen slaves.
25. And they raced with one another to the door, and she tore his shirt from behind, and they met her lord and master
at the door. She said: What shall be his reward, who wisheth evil to thy folk, save prison or a painful doom?

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:36 am

26. (Joseph) said: She it was who asked of me an evil act. And in witness of her own folk testified: If his shirt is torn
from before, then she speaketh truth and he is of the liars.
27. And if his shirt is torn from behind, then she hath lied and he is of the truthful.
28. So when he saw his shirt torn from behind, he said: Lo! this is of the guile of you women. Lo! the guile of you is
very great.
29. O Joseph! Turn away from this, and thou, (O woman), ask forgiveness for thy sin. Lo! thou art of the sinful.
30. And women in the city said: The ruler's wife is asking of her slave boy an ill deed. Indeed he has smitten her to the
heart with love. We behold her in plain aberration.
31. And when she heard of their sly talk, she sent to them and prepared fur them a cushioned couch (to lie on at the
feast) and gave to every one of them a knife and said (to Joseph): Come out unto them! And when they saw him they
exalted him and cut their bands, exclaiming: Allah Blameless! This is not a human being. This is no other than some
gracious angel.
32. She said: This is he on whose account ye blamed me. I asked of him an evil act, but he proved continent, but if he
do not my behest he verily shall be imprisoned, and verily shall him of those brought low.
33. He said: O my Lord! Prison is more dear than that unto which they urge me, and if Thou fend not off their wiles
from me I shall incline unto them and become of the foolish.
34. So his Lord heard his prayer and fended off their wiles from him. Lo! He is Nearer, Knower.
35. And it seemed good to them (the men folk) after they had seen the signs (of his innocence) to imprison him for
a time.
36. And two young men went to prison with him. One of them said: I dreamed that I was pressing wine. The other said
I dreamed that I was carrying upon my head bread whereof the birds were eating. Announce unto us the interpretation,
for we see thee of those good (at interpretation).
37. He said: The food which ye are given (daily) shall not come unto you but I shall tell you the interpretation ere it
cometh unto you. This is of that which my Lord hath taught me. Lo! I have forsaken the religion of folk who believe
not in Allah and are disbelievers in the Hereafter.
38. And I have followed the religion of my fathers, Abraham and Isaac and Jacob. It never was for us to attribute aught
as partner to Allah. This is of the bounty of Allah unto us (the seed of Abraham) and unto mankind; but most men give
not thanks.
39. O my two fellow prisoners! Are divers lords better, or Allah the One, the Almighty?
40. Those whom ye worship beside Him are but names which ye have named, ye and your fathers. Allah hath revealed
no sanction for them. The decision rests with Allah only, Who hath commanded you that ye worship none save Him.
This is the right religion, but most men know not.
41. O my two fellow prisoners! As for one of you, he will pour out wine for his lord to drink; and as for the other, he
will be crucified so that the birds will eat from his head. Thus is the case judged concerning which ye did inquire.
42. And he said unto him of the twain who he knew would be released: Mention me in the presence of thy lord. But
Satan caused him to forget to mention it to his lord, so he (Joseph) stayed in prison for some years.
43. And the king said: Lo! I saw in a dream seven fat kine which seven lean were eating, and seven green ears of corn
and other (seven) dry. O notables! Expound for me my vision, if ye can interpret dreams.
44. They answered: Jumbled dreams! And we are not knowing in the interpretation of dreams.
45. And he of the two who was released, and (now) at length remembered, said: I am going to announce unto you the
interpretation, therefore send me forth.
46. (And when he came to Joseph in the prison, he exclaimed) : Joseph! O thou truthful one! Expound for us the seven
fat kine which seven lean were eating and the seven green ears of corn and other (seven) dry, that I may return unto the
people, so that they may know.
47. He said: Ye shall sow seven years as usual, but that which ye reap, leave it in the ear, all save a little which ye eat.
48. Then after that will come seven hard years which will devour all that ye have prepared for them, save a little of that
which ye have stored.
49. Then, after that, will come a year when the people will have plenteous crops and when they will press (wine and oil).
50. And the King said: Bring him unto me. And when the messenger came unto him, he (Joseph) said: Return unto thy
lord and ask him what was the case of the women who cut their. hands. Lo! my lord knoweth thee guile.
51. He (the king) (then sent for those women and) said: What happened when ye asked an evil act of Joseph? They

answered : Allah Blameless! We know no evil of him. Said the wife of the ruler: Now the truth is out. I asked of him
an evil act, and he is surely of the truthful.
52. (Then Joseph said: I asked for) this, that he (my lord) may now that I betrayed him not in secret, and that surely
Allah guideth not the snare of the betrayers.
53. I do not exculpate myself. Lo! the (human) soul enjoineth unto evil, save that whereon my Lord hath mercy. my
Lord is Forgiving, Merciful.
54. And the king said: Bring him unto me that I may attach him to my person. And when he had talked with him he said:
Lo! thou art today our presence established and trusts
55. He said: Set me over the storehouses of the land I am a skilled custodian.
56. Thus gave We power to Joseph in the land. He was the owner of it where be pleased. We reach with our mercy
whom We will. We lose not the reward of the good.
57. And the reward of the Hereafter is better, for those who believe and ward of (evil).
58. And Joseph's brethren came and presented themselves before him, and he knew them but they knew him not.
59. And when he provided them with their provision he said: Bring unto me a brother of yours from your father. See
ye not that I fill up the measure and I am the best of hosts?
60. And if ye bring him not unto me, then there shall be no measure for you with me, nor shall ye draw near.
61. They said: We will try to win him from his father: that we will surely do.
62. He said unto his young men: Place their merchandise in their saddlebags, so that they may know it when they go
back to their folk, and so will come again.
63. So when they went back to their father they said: O our father! The measure is denied us, so send with us our
brother that we may obtain the measure, surely we will guard him well.
64. He said: Can I entrust him to you save as I entrusted his brother to you aforetime? Allah is better at guarding, and
He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.
65. And when they opened their belongings they discovered that their merchandise had been returned to them. They
said: O our father! What (more) can we ask? Here is our merchandise returned to us. We shall get provision for our
folk and guard our brother, and we shall have the extra measure of a camel (load). This (that we bring now) is a light
measure.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:37 am

66. He said: I will not send him with you till ye give me an undertaking in the name of Allah that ye will bring him hack
to me, unless ye are surrounded. And when they gave him their undertaking he said: Allah is the Warden over what we
say.
67. And he said: O my sons! Go not in by one gate; go in by different gates. I can naught avail you as against Allah. Lo!
the decision rests with Allah only. In Him do I put my trust, and in Him let all the trusting put their trust.
68. And when they entered in the manner which their father had enjoined, it would have naught availed them as against
Allah; it was but a need of Jacob's soul which he thus satisfied; and lo! he was a lord of knowledge because We had
taught him; but most of mankind know not.
69. And when they went in before Joseph, he took his brother unto himself, saying: Lo; I, even I, am thy brother,
therefore sorrow not for what they did.
70. And when he provided them with their provision, he put the drinking cup in his brother's saddlebag, and then a crier
cried: O camel riders! Ye are surely thieves!
71. They cried, coming toward them: What is it ye have lost?
72. They said: We have lost the king's cup, and he who bringeth it shall have a camel load, and I (said Joseph) am
answerable for it.
73. They said: By Allah, well ye know we came not to do evil in the land, and are no thieves.
74. They said : And what shall be the penalty for it if ye prove liars?
75. They said: The penalty for it! He in whose bag (the cup) is found, he is the penalty for it. Thus we requite
wrongdoers.
76. Then he (Joseph) began the search with their bags before his brother's bag, then he produced it from his brother's
bag. Thus did We contrive for Joseph. He could not have taken his brother according to the king's law unless Allah
willed. We raise by grades (of mercy) whom We will, and over every lord of knowledge there is one more knowing.
77. They said : If he stealeth, a brother of his stole before. But Joseph kept it secret in his soul and revealed it not unto
them. He said (within himself) : Ye are in worse case and Allah knoweth best (the truth of) that which ye allege.

78. They said: O ruler of the land! Lo! he hath an aged father, so take one of us instead of him. Lo ! we behold thee of
those who do kindness.
79. He said : Allah forbid that we should seize save him with whom we found our property; then truly we should be
wrongdoers.
80. So, when they despaired of (moving) him, they conferred together apart. The eldest of them said: Know ye not how
your father took an undertaking from you in Allah's name and how ye failed in the case of Joseph aforetime? Therefore
I shall not go forth from the land until my father giveth leave or Allah judgeth for me. He is the Best of Judges.
81. Return unto your father and say: O our father! Lo! thy son hath stolen. We testify only to that which we know; we
are not guardians of the unseen.
82. Ask the township where we were, and the caravan with which we travelled hither. Lo! we speak the truth.
83. (And when they came unto their father and had spoken thus to him) he said: Nay, but your minds have beguiled you
into something. (My course is) comely patience! It may be that Allah will bring them all unto me. Lo! He, only He, is
the Knower, the Wise.
84. And he turned away from them and said: Alas, my grief for Joseph! And his eyes were whitened with the sorrow
that he was suppressing.
85. They said: By Allah, thou wilt never cease remembering Joseph till thy health is ruined or thou art of those who
perish!
86. He said: I expose my distress and anguish only unto Allah, and I know from Allah that which ye know not.
87. Go, O my sons, and ascertain concerning Joseph and his brother, and despair not of the Spirit of Allah. Lo! none
despaireth of the Spirit of Allah save disbelieving folk
88. And when they came (again) before him (Joseph) they said: O ruler! Misfortune hath touched us and our folk, and
we bring but poor merchandise, so fill for us the measure and be charitable unto us. Lo! Allah will requite the
charitable.
89. He said: Know ye what ye did unto Joseph and his brother in your ignorance?
90. They said: Is it indeed thou who art Joseph? He said: I am Joseph and this is my brother. Allah hath shown us favour.
Lo! he who wardeth off (evil) and endureth (findeth favour); for verily Allah loseth not the wages of the kindly.
91. They said: By Allah, verily Allah hath preferred thee above us, and we were indeed sinful.
92. He said: Have no fear this day! May Allah forgive you, and He is the Most Merciful of those who show mercy.
93. Go with this shirt of mine and lay it on my father's face, he will become ( again ) a seer; and come to me with all
your folk.
94. When the caravan departed their father had said : Truly I am conscious of the breath of Joseph, though ye call me
dotard.
95. (Those around him) said: By Allah, Lo! thou art in thine old aberration.
96. Then, when the bearer of glad tidings came, he laid it on his face and he became a seer once more. He said: Said
I not unto you that I know from Allah that which ye know not?
97. They said: O our father! Ask forgiveness of our sins for us, for lo! we were sinful.
98. He said: I shall ask forgiveness for you of my Lord. He is the Forgiving, the Merciful.
99. And when they came in before Joseph, he took his parents unto him, and said: Come into Egypt sale, if Allah will!
100. And he placed his parents on the dais and they fell down before him prostrate, and he said: O my father! This is
the interpretation of my dream of old. My Lord hath made it true, and He hath shown me kindness, since He took me
out of the prison and hath brought you from the desert after Satan had made strife between me and my brethren. Lo!
my Lord is tender unto whom He will. He is the Knower, the Wise.
101. O my Lord! Thou hast given me (something) of sovereignty and hast taught me (something) of the interpretation
of events, Creator of the heavens and the earth! Thou art my Protecting Friend in the world and the Hereafter. Make
me to die submissive (unto Thee), and join me to the righteous.
102. This is of the tidings of the Unseen which We inspire in thee (Muhammad). Thou waft not present with them when
they bed their plan and they were scheming.
103. And though thou try much, most men will not believe.
104. Thou askest them no fee for it. It is naught else than a reminder unto the peoples.
105. How many a portent is there in the heavens and the earth which they pass by with face averted!
106. And most of them believe not in Allah except that they attribute partners (unto Him).

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:37 am

107. Deem they themselves secure from the coming on them of a pall of Allah's punishment, or the coming of the
Hour suddenly while they are unaware?
108. Say: This is my Way: I call on Allah with sure knowledge, I and whosoever followeth me Glory be to Allah! and
I am not of the idolaters.
109. We sent not before thee (any messengers) save men whom We inspired from among the folk of the townships
Have they not travelled in the land and seen the nature of the consequence for those who were before them? And verily
the abode of the Hereafter, for those who ward off (evil), is best. Have ye then no sense?
110. Till, when the messengers despaired and thought that they were denied, then came unto them Our help, and whom
We would was saved. And our wrath cannot be warded from the guilty.
111. In their history verily there is a lesson for men of understanding. It is no invented story but a confirmation of the
existing (Scripture) and a detailed explanation of everything, and a guidance and a mercy for folk who believe.
Surah 13. Ar-Ra'd

1. Alif. Lam. Mim. Ra. These are verses of the Scripture. That which is revealed unto thee from thy Lord is the Truth,
but most of mankind believe not.
2. Allah it is who raised up the heavens without visible supports, then mounted the Throne, and compelled the sun and
the moon to be of service, each runneth unto an appointed term; He ordereth the course; He detaileth the revelations,
that haply ye may be certain of the meeting with your Lord.
3. And He it is who spread out the earth and placed therein firm hills and flowing streams, and of all fruits be placed
therein two spouses (male and female). He covereth the night with the day. Lo! herein verily are portents for people
who take thought.
4. And in the Earth are neighbouring tracts, vineyards and ploughed lands, and date palms, like and unlike, which are
watered with one water. And We have made some of them to excel others in fruit. Lo! herein verily are portents for
people who have sense.
5. And if thou wonderest, then wondrous is their saying: When we are dust, are we then forsooth (to be raised) in a new
creation? Such are they who disbelieve in their Lord; such have carcans on their necks; such are rightful owners of the
Fire, they will abide therein.
6. And they bid thee hasten on the evil rather than the good, when exemplary punishments have indeed occurred before
them. But lo! thy Lord is rich in pardon for mankind despite their wrong, and lo! thy Lord is strong in punishment!
7. Those who disbelieve say: If only some portent were sent down upon him from his Lord! Thou art a warner only, and
for every folk a guide.
8. Allah knoweth that which every female beareth and that which the wombs absorb and that which they grow. And
everything with Him is measured.
9. He is the Knower of the invisible and the visible, the Great, the Nigh Exalted.
10. Alike of you is he who hideth the saying and he who noiseth it abroad, he who lurketh in the night and he who goeth
freely in the daytime.
11. For him are angels ranged before him and behind him who guard him by Allah's command. Lo! Allah changeth not
the condition of a folk until they (first) change that which is in their hearts; and if Allah willeth misfortune for a folk
there is none that can repel it, nor have they a defender beside Him.
12. He it is Who showeth you the lightning, a fear and a hope, and raiseth the heavy clouds.
13. The thunder hymneth His praise and (so do) the angels for awe of Him. He launcheth the thunder bolts and smiteth
with them whom He will while they dispute (in doubt) concerning Allah, and He is mighty in wrath.
14. Unto Him is the real prayer. Those unto whom they pray beside Allah respond to them not at all, save as (if the
response to) one who stretcheth forth his hands toward water (asking) that it may come unto his mouth, and it will never
reach it. The prayer of disbelievers goeth (far) astray.
15. And unto Allah falleth prostrate whosoever is in the heavens and the earth, willingly or unwillingly, as do their
shadows in the morning and the evening hours.
16. Say (O Muhammad): Who is Lord of the heaven and the earth? Say: Allah! Say: Take ye then (others) beside Him
for protectors, which, even for themselves, have neither benefit nor hurt? Say: Is the blind man equal to the seer, or
is darkness equal to light? Or assign they unto Allah partners Who created the like of His creation so that the creation

(which they made and His creation) seemed alike to them? Say: Allah is the Creator of all things, and He is the One,
the Almighty.
17. He sendeth down water from the sky, so that valleys flow according to their measure, and the flood beareth (on its
surface) swelling foam from that which they felt in the fire in order to make ornaments and tools riseth a foam like
unto it thus Allah coineth (the similitude of) the true and: the false. Then, as for the foam, it passeth away as scum upon
the banks, while, as for that which is of use to mankind, it remaineth in the earth. Thus Allah coineth the similitudes.
18. For those who answered Allah's call is bliss; and for those who answered not His call, if they had all that is in the
earth, and therewith the like thereof, they would proffer it as ransom. Such will have a woeful reckoning, and thee
habitation will be hell, a dire abode.
19. Is he who knoweth that what is revealed unto thee from thy Lord is the truth like him who is blind? But only men
of understanding heed;
20. Such as keep the pact of Allah, and break not the covenant;
21. Such as unite that which Allah hath commanded should be joined, and fear their Lord, and dread a woeful reckoning.
22. Such as persevere in seeking their Lord's countenance and are regular in prayer and spend of that which We bestow
upon them secretly and openly, and overcome evil with good. Theirs will be the sequel of the (heavenly) Home.
23. Gardens of Eden which they enter, along with all who do right of their fathers and their helpmeets and their seed.
The angels enter unto them from every gate.
24. (Saying): Peace be unto you because ye persevered. Ah, passing sweet will be the sequel of the (heavenly) Home.
25. And those who break the covenant of Allah after ratifying it, and sever that which Allah hath commanded should
be joined, and make mischief in the earth: theirs is the curse and theirs the ill abode.
26. Allah enlargeth livelihood for whom He will, and straiteneth (it for whom He will); and they rejoice in the life of
the world, whereas the life of the world is but brief comfort as compared with the Hereafter.
27. Those who disbelieve say: If only a portent were sent down upon him from his Lord! Say: Lo! Allah sendeth whom
He will astray, and guideth unto Himself all who turn (unto Him),
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:38 am

28. Who have believed and whose hearts have rest in the remembrance of Allah. Verily in the remembrance of Allah
do hearts find rest!
29. Those who believe and do right: Joy is for them, and bliss (their) journey's end.
30. Thus We send thee (O Muhammad) unto a nation, before whom other nations have passed away, that thou mayst
recite unto them that which We have inspired in thee, while they are disbelievers in the Beneficent. Say: He is my Lord;
there is no God save Him. In Him do I put my trust and unto Him is my recourse.
31. Had it been possible for a Lecture to cause the mountains to move, or the earth to be torn asunder, or the dead to
speak, (this Qur’an would have done so). Nay, but Allah's is the whole command. Do not those who believe know that,
had Allah willed, He could have guided all mankind? As for those who disbelieve, disaster ceaseth not to strike them
because of what they do, or it dwelleth near their home until the threat of Allah come to pass. Lo! Allah faileth not to
keep the tryst.
32. And verily messengers (of Allah) were mocked before thee, but long I bore with those who disbelieved. At length
I seized them, and how (awful) was My punishment!
33. Is He Who is aware of the deserts of every soul (as he who is aware of nothing)? Yet they ascribe unto Allah
partners. Say: Name them. Is it that ye would inform Him of something which He knoweth not in the earth? Or is it but
a way of speaking? Nay, but their contrivance is made seeming fair for those who disbelieve and they are kept from
the right road. He whom Allah sendeth astray, for him there is no guide.
34. For them is torment in the life of the world, and verily the doom of the Hereafter is more painful, and they have
no defender from Allah.
35. A similitude of the Garden which is promised unto those who keep their duty (to Allah): Underneath it rivers flow;
its food is everlasting, and its shade; this is the reward of those who keep their duty, while the reward of disbelievers
is the Fire.
36. Those unto whom We gave the Scripture rejoice in that which is revealed unto thee. And of the clans there are who
deny some of it. Say: I am commanded only that I serve Allah and ascribe unto Him no partner. Unto Him I cry, and
unto Him is my return.
37. Thus have We revealed it, a decisive utterance in Arabic and if thou shouldst follow their desires after that which
hath come unto thee of knowledge, then truly wouldst thou have from Allah no protecting friend nor defender.

38. And verity We sent messengers (to mankind) before thee, and We appointed for them wives and offspring, and it
was not (given) to any messenger that he should bring a portent save by Allah's leave. For everything there is a time
prescribed.
39. Allah effaceth what He will, and establisheth (what He will), and with Him is the source of ordinance.
40. Whether We let thee see something of that which We have promised them, or make thee die (before its happening),
thine is but conveyance (of the message), Ours the reckoning.
41. See they not how We visit the land, reducing it of its outlying parts? (When) Allah doometh there is none that can
postpone His doom, and He is swift at reckoning.
42. Those who were before them plotted; but all plotting is Allah's. He knoweth that which each soul earneth. The
disbelievers will come to know for whom will be the sequel of the (heavenly) Home.
43. They who disbelieve say: Thou art no messenger (of Allah). Say: Allah, and whosoever hath true knowledge of the
Scripture, is sufficient witness between me and you.
Surah 14. Ibrahim

1. Alif. Lam. Ra. (This is) a Scripture which We have revealed unto thee (Muhammad) that thereby thou mayst bring
forth mankind from darkness unto light, by the permission of their Lord, unto the path of the Mighty, the Owner of
Praise.
2. Allah, unto Whom belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth. And woe unto the
disbelievers from an awful doom.
3. Those who love the life of the world more than the Hereafter, and debar (men) from the way of Allah and would have
it crooked: such are far astray.
4. And We never sent a messenger save with the language of his folk, that he might make (the message) clear for them.
Then Allah sendeth whom He will astray, and guideth whom He will. He is the Mighty, the Wise.
5. We verily sent Moses with Our revelations, saying: Bring thy people forth from darkness unto light. And remind
them of the days of Allah. Lo! therein are revelations for each steadfast, thankful (heart).
6. And (remind them) how Moses said unto his people: Remember Allah's favour unto you when He delivered you from
Pharaoh's folk who were afflicting you with dreadful torment, and were slaying your sons and sparing your women; that
was a tremendous trial from your Lord.
7. And when your Lord proclaimed: If ye give thanks, I will give you more; but if ye are thankless, lo! my punishment
is dire.
8. And Moses said: Though ye and all who are in the earth prove thankless, lo! Allah verily is Absolute, Owner of
Praise.
9. Hath not the history of those before you reached you: the folk of Noah. and (the tribes of) Aad and Thamud, and
those after them? None save Allah knoweth them. Their messengers came unto them with clear proofs, but they thrust
their hands into their mouths, and said: Lo! we disbelieve in that wherewith ye have been sent, and lo! we are in grave
doubt concerning that to which ye call us.
10. Their messengers said: Can there be doubt concerning Allah, the Creator of the heavens and the earth? He calleth
you that He may forgive you your sins and reprieve you unto an appointed term. They said: Ye are but mortals like us,
who would fain turn us away from what our fathers used to worship. Then bring some clear warrant.
11. Their messengers said unto them: We are but mortals like you, but Allah giveth grace unto whom He will of His
slaves. It is not ours to bring you a warrant unless by the permission of Allah. In Allah let believers put their trust!
12. How should we not put our trust in Allah when He hath shown us our ways? We surely will endure that hurt ye do
us. In Allah let the trusting put their trust!
13. And those who disbelieved said unto their messengers: Verily we will drive you out from our land, unless ye return
to our religion. Then their Lord inspired them, (saying) : Verily We shall destroy the wrong doers,
14. And verily We shall make you to dwell in the land after them. This is for him who fearth My Majesty and feareth
My threats.
15. And they sought help (from their Lord) and every froward potentate was brought to naught;
16. Hell is before him, and he is made to drink a festering water.
17. Which he sippeth but can hardly swallow, and death cometh unto him from every side while yet he cannot die, and

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:39 am

before him is a harsh doom.
18. A similitude of those who disbelieve in their Lord: Their works are as ashes which the wind bloweth hard upon a
stormy day. They have no control of aught that they have earned. That is the extreme failure.
19. Hast thou not seen that Allah hath created the heavens and the earth with truth? If He will, He can remove you and
bring (in) some new creation.
20. And that is no great matter for Allah.
21. They all come forth unto their Lord. Then those who were despised say unto those who were scornful: We were
unto you a following, can ye then avert from us aught of Allah's doom? They say: Had Allah guided us, we should have
guided you. Whether we rage or patiently endure is (now) all one for us: we have no place of refuge.
22. And Satan saith, when the matter hath been decided: Lo! Allah promised you a promise of truth; and I promised you,
then failed you. And I had no power over you save that I called unto you and ye obeyed me. So blame me not, but blame
yourselves. I cannot help you, nor can ye help me. Lo! I disbelieved in that which ye before ascribed to me. Lo! for
wrong doers is a painful doom.
23. And those who believed and did good works are made to enter Gardens underneath which rivers flow, therein
abiding by permission of their Lord, their greeting therein: Peace!
24. Seest thou not how Allah coineth a similitude: A goodly saying, as a goodly tree, its root set firm, its branches
reaching into heaven,
25. Giving its fruit at every season by permission of its Lord? Allah coineth the similitudes for mankind in order that
they may reflect.
26. And the similitude of a bad saying is as a bad tree, uprooted from upon the earth, possessing no stability.
27. Allah confirmeth those who believe by a firm saying in the life of the world and in the Hereafter, and Allah sendeth
wrongdoers astray. And Allah doeth what He will.
28. Hast thou not seen those who gave the grace of Allah in exchange for thanklessness and led their people down to
the Abode of Loss,
29. (Even to) hell? They are exposed thereto. A hapless end!
30. And they set up rivals to Allah that they may mislead (men) from His way. Say: Enjoy life (while ye may) for lo!
your journey's end will be the Fire.
31. Tell My bondmen who believe to establish worship and spend of that which We have given them, secretly and
publicly, before a day cometh wherein there will be neither traffic nor befriending.
32. Allah is He Who created the heavens and the earth, and causeth water to descend from the sky, thereby producing
fruits as food for you, and maketh the ships to be of service unto you, that they may run upon the sea at His command,
and hath made of service unto you the rivers;
33. And maketh the sun and the moon, constant in their courses, to be of service unto you, and hath made of service
unto you the night and the day.
34. And He giveth you of all ye ask of Him, and if ye would count the bounty of Allah ye cannot reckon it. Lo! man is
verily a wrong doer, an ingrate.
35. And when Abraham said: My Lord! Make safe this territory, and preserve me and my sons from serving idols.
36. My Lord! Lo! they have led many of mankind astray. But whoso followeth me, he verity is of me. And whoso
disobeyeth me, still Thou art Forgiving, Merciful.
37. Our Lord! Lo! I have settled some of my posterity in an uncultivable valley near unto Thy holy House, our Lord!
that they may establish proper worship; so incline some hearts of men that they may yearn toward them, and provide
Thou them with fruits in order that they may be thankful.
38. Our Lord! Lo! Thou knowest that which we hide and that which we proclaim. Nothing in the earth or in the heaven
is hidden from Allah.
39. Praise be to Allah Who hath given me, in my old age, Ishmael and Isaac! Lo! my Lord is indeed the Nearer of
Prayer.
40. My Lord! Make me to establish proper worship, and some of my posterity (also); our Lord! and accept the prayer.
41. Our Lord! Forgive me and my parents and believers on the day when the account is cast.
42. Deem not that Allah is unaware of what the wicked do. He but giveth them a respite till a day when eyes will stare
(in terror).
43. As they come hurrying on in fear, their heads upraised, their gaze returning not to them, and their hearts as air.

44. And warn mankind of a day when the doom will come upon them, and those who did wrong will say: Our Lord!
Reprieve us for a little while. We will obey Thy call and will follow the messengers. (It will be answered): Did ye not
swear before that there would be no end for you?
45. And (have ye not) dwelt in the dwellings of those who wronged themselves (of old) and (hath it not) become plain
to you how We dealt with them, and made examples for you?
46. Verily they have plotted their plot, and their plot is with Allah, though their plot were one whereby the mountains
should be moved.
47. So think not that Allah will fail to keep His promise to His messengers. Lo! Allah is Mighty, Able to Requite (the
wrong).
48. On the day when the earth will be changed to other than the earth, and the heavens (also will be changed) and they
will come forth unto Allah, the One, the Almighty.
49. Thou wilt see the guilty on that day linked together in chains.
50. Their raiment of pitch, and the Fire covering their faces.
51. That Allah may repay each soul what it hath earned. Lo! Allah is swift at reckoning.
52. This is a clear message for mankind in order that they may be warned thereby, and that they may know that He is
only One God, and that men of understanding may take heed.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:40 am

Surah 15. Al-Hijr

1. Alif. Lam. Ra. These are verses of the Scripture and a plain Reading.
2. It may be that those who disbelieve wish ardently that they were Muslims.
3. Let them eat and enjoy life, and let (false) hope beguile them. They will come to know!
4. And We destroyed no township but there was a known decree for it.
5. No nation can outstrip its term nor can they lag behind.
6. And they say: O thou unto whom the Reminder is revealed, lo! thou art indeed a madman!
7. Why bringest thou not angels unto Us, if thou art of the truthful?
8. We send not down the angels save with the Fact, and that case (the disbelievers) would not be tolerated.
9. Lo! We, even We, reveal the Reminder, and lo! We verily are it's Guardian.
10. We verily sent (messengers) before thee among the factions of the men of old.
11. And never came there unto them a messenger but they did mock him.
12. Thus do We make it traverse the hearts of the guilty:
13. They believe not therein, though the example of the men of old hath gone before.
14. And even if We opened unto them a Gate of Heaven and they kept mounting through it.
15. They would say: Our sight is wrong nay, but we are folk bewitched.
16. And verily in the heaven We have set mansions of the stars, and We have beautified it for beholders.
17. And We have guarded it from every outcast devil,
18. Save him who stealeth the hearing, and them doth a clear flame pursue.
19. And the earth have We spread out, and placed therein firm hills, and caused each seemly thing to grow therein.
20. And We have given unto you livelihoods therein, and unto those for whom ye provide not.
21. And there is not a thing but with Us are the stores thereof. And We send it not down save in appointed measure.
22. And We send the winds fertilizing, and cause water to descend from the sky, and give it you to drink. It is not ye
who are the holders of the store thereof.
23. Lo! and it is We, even We, Who quicken and give death, and We are the Inheritor.
24. And verily We know the eager among you and verily We know the laggards.
25. Lo! thy Lord will gather them together. Lo! He is Wise, Aware.
26. Verily We created man of potter's clay of black mud altered,
27. And the jinn did We create aforetime of essential fire.
28. And (remember) when thy Lord said unto the angels: Lo! I am creating a mortal out of potter's clay of black mud
altered.
29. So, when I have made him and have breathed into him of My spirit, do ye fall down, prostrating yourselves unto him.
30. So the angels fell prostrate, all of them together

31. Save Iblis. He refused to be among the prostrate.
32. He said: O Iblis! What aileth thee that thou art not among the prostrate?
33. He said: Why should I prostrate myself unto a mortal whom Thou hast created out of potter's clay of black mud
altered?
34. He said: Then go thou forth from hence, for verily thou art outcast.
35. And lo! the curse shall be upon thee till the Day of Judgment.
36. He said: My Lord! Reprieve me till the day when they are raised.
37. He said: Then lo! thou art of those reprieved
38. Till an appointed time.
39. He said: My Lord, Because Thou has sent me astray, I verily shall adorn the path of error for them in the earth, and
shall mislead them every one.
40. Save such of them as are Thy perfectly devoted slaves.
41. He said: This is a right course incumbent upon Me:
42. Lo! as for My slaves, thou hast no power over any of them save such of the froward as follow thee,
43. And lo! for all such, hell will be the promised place.
44. It hath seven gates, and each gate hath an appointed portion.
45. Lo! those who ward off (evil) are among gardens and water springs.
46. (And it is said unto them): Enter them in peace, secure.
47. And We remove whatever rancour may be in their breasts. As brethren, face to face, (they rest) on couches raised.
48. Toil cometh not unto them there, nor will they be expelled from thence.
49. Announce, (O Muhammad) unto My slaves that verily I am the Forgiving, the Merciful.
50. And that My doom is the dolorous doom.
51. And tell them of Abraham's guests,
52. (How) when they came in unto him, and said: Peace. He said: Lo! we are afraid of you.
53. They said: Be not afraid! Lo! we bring thee good tidings of a boy possessing wisdom.
54. He said: Bring ye me good tidings (of a son) when old age hath overtaken me? Of what then can ye bring good
tidings?
55. They said: We bring thee good tidings in truth. So be not thou of the despairing.
56. He said: And who despaireth not the mercy of his Lord save those who are astray?
57. He said: And afterward what is your business, O ye messengers (of Allah)?
58. They said: We have been sent unto a guilty folk.
59. (All) save the family of Lot. Them we shall deliver everyone,
60. Except his wife, of whom We had decreed that she should be of those who stay behind.
61. And when the messengers came unto the family of Lot,
62. He said: Lo! ye are folk unknown (to me).
63. They said: Nay, but we bring thee that concerning which they keep disputing,
64. And bring thee the Truth, and lo! we are truth tellers.
65. So travel with thy household in a portion of the night, and follow thou their backs. Let none of you turn round, but
go whither ye are commanded.
66. And We made plain the case to him, that the root of them (who did wrong) was to be cut at early morn.
67. And the people of the city came, rejoicing at the news (of new arrivals).
68. He said: Lo! they are my guests. Affront me not!
69. And keep your duty to Allah, and shame me not!
70. They said: Have we not forbidden you from (entertaining) anyone?
71. He said: Here are my daughters, if ye must be doing (so).
72. By thy life (O Muhammad) they moved blindly in the frenzy of approaching death.
73. Then the (Awful) Cry overtook them at the sunrise.
74. And We utterly confounded them, and We rained upon them stones of heated clay.
75. Lo! therein verily are portents for those who read the signs.
76. And lo! it is upon a road still uneffaced.
77. Lo! therein is indeed a portent for believers.

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:40 am

78. And the dwellers in the wood indeed were evil doers.
79. So. We took vengeance on them; and lo! they both are on a high road plain to see.
80. And the dwellers in Al-Hijr indeed denied (Our) messengers.
81. And We gave them Our revelations, but they were averse to them.
82. And they used to hew out dwellings from the hills, (wherein they dwelt) secure.
83. But the (Awful) Cry overtook them at the morning hour,
84. And that which they were wont to count as gain availed them not.
85. We created not the heavens and the earth and all that is between them save with truth, and lo! the Hour is surely
coming. So forgive, O Muhammad, with a gracious forgiveness.
86. Lo! Thy Lord! He is the All Wise Creator.
87. We have given thee seven of the oft repeated (verses) and the great Qur’an.
88. Strain not thine eyes toward that which We cause some wedded pairs among them to enjoy, and be not grieved on
their account, and lower thy wing (in tenderness) for the believers.
89. And say: Lo! I, even I, am a plain warner,
90. Such as We send down for those who make division,
91. Those who break the Qur’an into parts.
92. Them, by thy Lord, We shall question, every one,
93. Of what they used to do.
94. So proclaim that which thou art commanded, and withdraw from the idolaters.
95. Lo! We defend thee from the scoffers,
96. Who set some other god along with Allah. But they will come to know.
97. Well know We that thy bosom is at times oppressed by what they say,
98. But hymn the praise of thy Lord, and be of those who make prostration (unto Him).
99. And serve thy Lord till the inevitable cometh unto thee.
Surah 16. An-Nahl

1. The commandment of Allah will come to pass, so seek not ye to hasten it. Glorified and Exalted be He above all that
they associate (with Him).
2. He sendeth down the angels with the Spirit of His command unto whom He will of His bondmen, (saying): Warn
mankind that there is no god save Me, so keep your duty unto Me.
3. He hath created the heavens and the earth with truth. High be He exalted above all that they associate (with Him).
4. He hath created man from a drop of fluid, yet behold! he is an open opponent.
5. And the cattle hath He created, whence ye have warm clothing and uses, and whereof ye eat.
6. And wherein is beauty for you, when ye bring them home, and when ye take them out to pasture.
7. And they bear your loads for you unto a land ye could not reach save with great trouble to yourselves. Lo! your Lord
is Full of Pity, Merciful.
8. And horses and mules and asses (hath He created) that ye may ride them, and for ornament. And He createth that
which ye know not.
9. And Allah's is the direction of the way, and some (roads) go not straight. And had He willed He would have led you
all aright.
10. He it is Who sendeth down water from the sky, whence ye have drink, and whence are trees on which ye send your
beasts to pasture.
11. Therewith He causeth crops to grow for you, and the olive and the date palm and grapes and all kinds of fruit. Lo!
herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect.
12. And he hath constrained the night and the day and the sun and the moon to be of service unto you, and the stars are
made subservient by His command. Lo! herein indeed are portents for people who have sense.
13. And whatsoever He hath created for you in the earth of divers hues, lo! therein is indeed a portent for people who
take heed.
14. And He it is Who hath constrained the sea to be of service that ye eat fresh meat from thence, and bring forth from
thence ornaments which ye wear. And thou seest the ships ploughing it that ye (mankind) may seek of His bounty, and

that haply ye may give thanks.
15. And He hath cast into the earth firm hills that it quake not with you, and streams and roads that ye may find a way.
16. And landmarks (too), and by the star they find a way.
17. Is He then Who createth as him who createth not? Will ye not then remember?
18. And if ye would count the favour of Allah ye cannot reckon it. Lo! Allah is indeed Forgiving, Merciful.
19. And Allah knoweth that which ye keep hidden and that which ye proclaim.
20. Those unto whom they cry beside Allah created naught, but are themselves created.
21. (They are) dead, not living. And they know not when they will be raised.
22. Your God is One God. But as for those who believe not in the Hereafter their hearts refuse to know, for they are
proud.
23. Assuredly Allah knoweth that which they keep hidden and that which they proclaim. Lo! He loveth not the proud.
24. And when it is said unto them: What hath your Lord revealed? they say: (Mere) fables of the men of old.
25. That they may bear their burdens undiminished on the Day of Resurrection, with somewhat of the burdens of those
whom they mislead without knowledge. Ah! evil is that which they bear!
26. Those before them plotted, so Allah struck at the foundations of their building, and then the roof fell down upon
them from above them, and the doom came on them whence they knew not;
27. Then on the Day of Resurrection He will disgrace them and will say: Where are My partners, for whose sake ye
opposed (My Guidance)? Those who have been given knowledge will say: Disgrace this day and evil are upon the
disbelievers
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:41 am

28. Whom the angels cause to die while they are wronging themselves. Then will they make full submission (saying):
We used not to do any wrong. Nay! Surely Allah is Knower of what ye used to do.
29. So enter the gates of hell, to dwell therein for ever. Woeful indeed will be the lodging of the arrogant.
30. And it is said unto those who ward off (evil): What hath your Lord revealed? They say Good: For those who do good
in this world there is a good (reward) and the home of the Hereafter will be better. Pleasant indeed will be the home
of those who ward off (evil).
31. Gardens of Eden which they enter, underneath which rivers flow, wherein they have what they will. Thus Allah
repayeth those who ward off (evil).
32. Those whom the angels cause to die (when they are) good They say: Peace be unto you! Enter the Garden because
of what ye used to do.
33. Await they aught save that the angels should come unto them or thy Lord's command should come to pass? Even
so did those before them. Allah wronged them not, but they did wrong themselves,
34. So that the evil of what they did smote them, and that which they used to mock surrounded them.
35. And the idolaters say: Had Allah willed, we had not worshipped aught beside Him, we and our fathers, nor had we
forbidden aught without (command from) Him. Even so did those before them. Are the messengers charged with aught
save plain conveyance (of the message)?
36. And verily We have raised in every nation a messenger, (proclaiming): Serve Allah and shun false gods. Then some
of them (there were) whom Allah guided, and some of them (there were) upon whom error had just hold. Do but travel
in the land and see the nature of the consequence for the deniers!
37. Even if thou (O Muhammad) desirest their right guidance, still Allah assuredly will not guide him who misleadeth.
Such have no helpers.
38. And they swear by Allah their most binding oaths (that) Allah will not raise up him who dieth. Nay, but it is a
promise (binding) upon Him in truth, but most of mankind know not,
39. That he may explain unto them that wherein they differ, and that those who disbelieved may know that they were
liars.
40. And Our word unto a thing, when We intend it, is only that We say unto it: Be! and it is.
41. And those who became fugitives for the cause of Allah after they had been oppressed, We verily shall give them
goodly lodging in the world, and surely the reward of the Hereafter is greater, if they but knew;
42. Such as are steadfast and put their trust in Allah.
43. And We sent not (as Our messengers) before thee other than men whom We inspired Ask the followers of the
Remembrance if ye know not!
44. With clear proofs and writings; and We have revealed unto thee the Remembrance that thou mayst explain to

mankind that which hath been revealed for them, and that haply they may reflect.
45. Are they who plan ill deeds then secure that Allah will not cause the earth to swallow them, or that the doom will
not come on them whence they know not?
46. Or that He will not seize them in their going to and fro that there be no escape for them?
47. Or that He will not seize them with a gradual wasting? Lo! thy Lord is indeed Full of Pity, Merciful!
48. Have they not observed all thing that Allah hath created, how their shadows incline to the right and to the left,
making prostration unto Allah, and they are lowly?
49. And unto Allah maketh prostration whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth of living creatures,
and the angels (also), and they are not proud
50. They fear their Lord above them, and do what they are hidden.
51. Allah hath said: Choose not two gods. There is only One God. So of Me, Me only, be in awe.
52. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and the earth, and religion is His for ever. Will ye then fear any
other than Allah?
53. And whatever of comfort ye enjoy, it is from Allah. Then, when misfortune reacheth you, unto Him ye cry for help.
54. And afterward, when He hath rid you of the misfortune, behold! a set of you attribute partners to their Lord,
55. So as to deny that which We have given them. Then enjoy life (while ye may), for ye will come to know.
56. And they assign a portion of that which We have given them unto what they know not. By Allah! but ye will indeed
be asked concerning (all) that ye used to invent.
57. And they assign unto Allah daughters. Be He glorified! and unto themselves what they desire;
58. When if one of them receiveth tidings of the birth of a female, his face remaineth darkened, and he is wroth
inwardly.
59. He bideth himself from the folk because of the evil of that whereof he hath bad tidings, (asking himself): Shall he
keep it in contempt, or bury it beneath the dust. Verily evil is their judgment.
60. For those who believe not in the Hereafter is an evil similitude, and Allah's is the Sublime Similitude. He is the
Mighty, the Wise.
61. If Allah were to take mankind to task for their wrong doing, he would not leave hereon a living creature, but He
reprieveth them to an appointed term, and when their term cometh they cannot put (it) off an hour nor (yet) advance
(it).
62. And they assign unto Allah that which they (themselves) dislike, and their tongues expound the lie that the better
portion will be theirs. Assuredly theirs will be the Fire, and they will be abandoned.
63. By Allah, We verily sent messengers unto the nations before thee, but the devil made their deeds fair seeming unto
them. So be is their patron this day, and theirs will be a painful doom.
64. And we have revealed the Scripture unto thee only that thou mayst explain unto them that wherein they differ, and
(as) a guidance and a mercy for a people who believe.
65. Allah sendeth down water from the sky and therewith revives the earth after her death! Lo! herein is indeed a portent
for a folk whim hear.
66. And lo! in the cattle there is a lesson for you. We give you to drink of that which is in their bellies, from betwixt
the refuse and the blood, pure milk palatable to the drinkers.
67. And of the fruits of the date palm, and grapes, whence ye derive strong drink and (also) good nourishment. Lo!
therein, is indeed a portent for people who have sense.
68. And thy Lord inspired the bee, saying: Choose thou habitations in the hills and in the trees and in that which they
thatch;
69. Then eat of all fruits, and follow the ways of thy Lord, made smooth (for thee). There cometh forth from their
bellies a drink diverse of hues, wherein is healing for mankind. Lo! herein is indeed a portent for people who reflect.
70. And Allah createth you, then causeth you to die, and among you is he who is brought back to the most abject stage
of life, so that be knoweth nothing after (having had) knowledge. Lo ! Allah is Knower, Powerful.
71. And Allah hath favoured some of you above others in provision. Now those who are more favoured will by no
means hand over their provision to those (slaves) whom their right hands possess, so that they may be equal with them
in respect thereof. Is it then the grace of Allah that they deny?
72. And Allah hath given you wives of your own kind, and hath given you, from your wives, sons and grandsons, and hath
made provision of good things for you. Is it then in vanity that they believe and in the grace of Allah that they

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:42 am

disbelieve?
73. And they worship beside Allah that which owneth no provision whatsoever for them from the heavens or the earth,
nor have they (whom they worship) any power.
74. So coin not similitudes for Allah. Lo! Allah knoweth; ye know not.
75. Allah coineth a similitude: (on the one hand) a (mere) chattel slave, who hath control of nothing, and (on the other
hand) one on whom We have bestowed a fair provision from Us, and he spendeth thereof secretly and openly. Are they
equal? Praise be to Allah! But most of them know not.
76. And Allah coineth a similitude Two men, one of them dumb, having control of nothing, and he is a burden on his
owner; whithersoever be directeth him to go, he bringeth no good. Is he equal with one who enjoineth justice and
followeth a straight path (of conduct)?
77. And unto Allah belongeth the Unseen of the heavens and the earth, and the matter of the Hour (of Doom) is but as
a winkling of the eye, or it is nearer still. Lo! Allah is Able to do all things.
78. And Allah brought you forth from the wombs of your mothers knowing nothing, and gave you hearing and sight and
hearts that haply ye might give thanks.
79. Have they not seen the birds obedient in mid-air? None holdeth them save Allah. Lo! herein, verily, are portents
for a people who believe.
80. And Allah hath given you in your houses an abode, and hath given you (also), of the hides of cattle, houses which
ye find light (to carry) on the day of migration and on the day of pitching camp; and of their wool and their fur and their
hair, caparison and comfort for a while.
81. And Allah hath given you, of that which He hath created, shelter from the sun; and hath given you places of refuge
in the mountains, and hath given you coats to ward off the heat from you, and coats (of armour) to save you from your
own foolhardiness. Thus doth He perfect His favour unto you, in order that ye may surrender (unto Him).
82. Then, if they turn away, thy duty (O Muhammad) is but plain conveyance (of the message).
83. They know the favour of Allah and then deny it. Most of them are ingrates.
84. And (bethink you of) the day when We raise up of every nation a witness, then there is no leave for disbelievers,
nor are they allowed to make amends.
85. And when those who did wrong behold the doom, it will not be made light for them, nor will they be reprieved.
86. And when those who ascribed partners to Allah behold those partners of theirs, they will say: Our Lord! these are
our partners unto whom we used to cry instead of Thee. But they will fling to them the saying: Lo! ye verily are liars!
87. And they proffer unto Allah submission on that day, and all that they used to invent hath failed them.
88. For those who disbelieve and debar (men) from the way of Allah, We add doom to doom because they wrought
corruption.
89. And (bethink you of) the day when We raise in every nation a witness against them of their own folk, and We bring
thee (Muhammad) as a witness against these. And We reveal the Scripture unto thee as an exposition of all things, and
a guidance and a mercy and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).
90. Lo! Allah enjoineth justice and kindness, and giving to kinsfolk, and forbiddeth lewdness and abomination and
wickedness. He exhorteth you in order that ye may take heed.
91. Fulfill the covenant of Allah when ye have covenanted, and break not your oaths after the asseveration of them, and
after ye have made Allah surety over you. Lo! Allah knoweth what ye do.
92. And be not like unto her who unravelleth the thread, after she hath made it strong, to thin filaments, making your
oaths a deceit between you because of a nation being more numerous than (another) nation. Allah only trieth you
thereby, and He verily will explain to you on the Day of Resurrection that wherein ye differed.
93. Had Allah willed He could have made you (all) one nation, but He sendeth whom He will astray and guideth whom
He will, and ye will indeed be asked of what ye used to do.
94. Make not your oaths a deceit between you, lest a foot should slip after being firmly planted and ye should taste evil
forasmuch as ye debarred (men) from the way of Allah, and yours should be an awful doom.
95. And purchase not a small gain at the price of Allah's covenant. Lo! that which Allah hath is better for you, if ye did
but know.
96. That which ye have wasteth away, and that which Allah hath remaineth. And verily We shall pay those who are
steadfast a recompense in proportion to the best of what they used to do.
97. Whosoever doeth right, whether male or female, and is a believer, him verily We shall quicken with good life, and

We shall pay them a recompense in proportion to the best of what they used to do.
98. And when thou recitest the Qur’an, seek refuge in Allah from Satan the outcast.
99. Lo! he hath no power over those who believe and put trust in their Lord.
100. His power is only over those who make a friend of him, and those who ascribe partners unto Him (Allah).
101. And when We put a revelation in place of (another) revelation, and Allah knoweth best what He revealeth they say:
Lo! thou art but inventing. Most of them know not.
102. Say: The holy Spirit hath revealed it from thy Lord with truth, that it may confirm (the faith of) those who believe,
and as guidance and good tidings for those who have surrendered (to Allah).
103. And We know well that they say: Only a man teacheth him. The speech of him at whom they falsely hint is
outlandish, and this is clear Arabic speech.
104. Lo! those who disbelieve the revelations of Allah, Allah guideth them not and theirs will be a painful doom.
105. Only they invent falsehood who believe not Allah's revelations, and (only) they are the liars.
106. Whoso disbelieveth in Allah after his belief save him who is forced thereto and whose heart is still content with
Faith but whoso findeth ease in disbelief: On them is wrath from Allah. Theirs will be an awful doom.
107. That is because they have chosen the life of the world rather than the Hereafter, and because Allah guideth not
the disbelieving folk.
108. Such are they whose hearts and ears and eyes Allah hath sealed. And such are the heedless.
109. Assuredly in the Hereafter they are the losers.
110. Then lo! thy Lord for those who become fugitives after they had been persecuted, and then fought and were
steadfast lo! thy Lord afterward is (for them) indeed Forgiving, Merciful
111. On the Day when every soul will come pleading for itself, and every soul will be repaid what it did, and they will
not be wronged.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:42 am

112. Allah coineth a similitude: a township that dwelt secure and well content, its provision coming to it in abundance
from every side, but it disbelieved in Allah's favours, so Allah made it experience the garb of dearth and fear because
of what they used to do.
113. And verily there had come unto them a messenger from among them, but they had denied him, and So the torment
seized them while they were wrong-doers.
114. So eat of the lawful and good food which Allah hath provided for you, and thank the bounty of your Lord if it is
Him ye serve.
115. He hath forbidden for you only carrion and blood and swine flesh and that which hath been immolated in the name
of any other than Allah; but he who is driven thereto, neither craving nor transgressing, lo! then Allah is Forgiving,
Merciful.
116. And speak not, concerning that which your own tongues qualify (as clean or unclean), the falsehood: "This is
lawful, and this is forbidden," so that ye invent a lie against Allah. Lo! those who invent a lie against Allah will not
succeed.
117. A brief enjoyment (will be theirs); and theirs a gainful doom.
118. And unto those who are Jews We have forbidden that which We have already related unto thee. And We wronged
them not, but they were wont to wrong themselves.
119. Then lo! thy Lord for those who do evil in ignorance and afterward repent and amend lot (for them) thy Lord is
afterward indeed Forgiving, Merciful.
120. Lo! Abraham was a nation obedient to Allah, by nature upright, and he was not of the idolaters;
121. Thankful for His bounties; He chose him and He guided him unto a straight path.
122. And We gave him good in the world, and in the Hereafter he is among the righteous.
123. And afterward We inspired thee (Muhammad, saying): Follow the religion of Abraham, as one by nature upright.
He was not of the idolaters.
124. The Sabbath was appointed only for those who differed concerning it, and lo! thy Lord will judge between them
on the Day of Resurrection concerning that wherein they used to differ.
125. Call unto the way of thy Lord with wisdom and fair exhortation, and reason with them in the better way. Lo! thy
Lord is best aware of him who strayeth from His way, and He is Best Aware of those who go aright.
126. If ye punish, then punish with the like of that wherewith ye were afflicted. But if ye endure patiently, verily it is
better for the patient.

127. Endure thou patiently (O Muhammad). Thine endurance is only by (the help of) Allah. Grieve not for them, and
be not in distress because of that which they devise.
128. Lo! Allah is with those who keep their duty unto Him and those who are doers of good.
Surah 17. Al-Israa (Bani Israel)

1. Glorified be He Who carried His servant by night from the Inviolable Place of Worship to the Far Distant Place of
Worship the neighbourhood whereof We have blessed, that We might show him of Our tokens! Lo! He, only He, is
the Nearer, the Seer.
2. We gave unto Moses the Scripture, and We appointed it a guidance for the Children of Israel, saying: Choose no
guardian beside Me.
3. (They were) the seed of those whom We carried (in the ship) along with Noah. Lo! he was a grateful slave.
4. And We decreed for the Children of Israel in the scripture: Ye verily will work corruption in the earth twice, and
ye will become great tyrants.
5. So when the time for the first of the two came, We roused against you slaves of Ours of great might who ravaged
(your) country, and it was a threat performed.
6. Then we gave you once again your turn against them, and We aided you with wealth and children and made you more
in soldiery,
7. (Saying): If ye do good, ye do good for your own souls, and if ye do evil, it is for them (in like manner). So, when
the time for the second (of the judgments) came (We roused against you others of Our slaves) to ravage you, and to
enter the Temple even as they entered it the first time, and to lay waste all that they conquered with an utter wasting.
8. It may be that your Lord will have mercy on you, but if ye repeat (the crime) We shall repeat (the punishment), and
We have appointed hell a dungeon for the disbelievers.
9. Lo! this Qur’an guideth unto that which is straightest, and giveth tidings unto the believers who do good works that
theirs will be a great reward.
10. And that those who believe not in the Hereafter, for them We have prepared a painful doom.
11. Man prayeth for evil as he prayeth for good; for man was ever hasty.
12. And we appoint the night and the day two portents. Then We make dark the portent of the night, and We make the
portent of the day sight giving, that ye may seek bounty from your Lord, and that ye may know the computation of the
years, and the reckoning; and everything have We expounded with a clear expounding.
13. And every man's augury have We fastened to his own neck, and We shall bring forth for him on the Day of
Resurrection a book which he will find wide open.
14. (And it will be said unto him): Read thy book. Thy soul sufficeth as reckoner against thee this day.
15. Whosoever goeth right, it is only for (the good of) his own soul that he goeth right, and whosoever erreth, erreth
only to its hurt. No laden soul can bear another's load. We never punish until We have sent a messenger.
16. And when We would destroy a township We send commandment to its folk who live at ease, and afterward they
commit abomination therein, and so the Word (of doom) hath effect for it, and We annihilate it with complete
annihilation.
17. How many generations have we destroyed since Noah! And Allah sufficeth as knower and Beholder of the sins of
His slaves.
18. Whoso desireth that (life) which hasteneth away, We hasten for him therein that We will for whom We please. And
afterward We have appointed for him hell; he will endure the heat thereof, condemned, rejected.
19. And whoso desireth the Hereafter and striveth for it with the effort necessary, being a believer; for such, their
effort findeth favour (with their Lord).
20. Each do We supply, both these and those, from the bounty of thy Lord. And the bounty of thy Lord can never be
walled up.
21. See how We prefer one above another, and verily the Hereafter will be greater in degrees and greater in preferment.
22. Set not up with Allah any other god (O man) lest thou sit down reproved, forsaken.
23. Thy Lord hath decreed, that ye worship none save Him, and (that ye show) kindness to parents. If one of them or
both of them to attain old age with thee, say not "Fie" unto them nor repulse them, but speak unto them a gracious word.
24. And lower unto them the wing of submission through mercy, and say: My Lord! Have mercy on them both as they

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:44 am

did care for me when I was little.
25. Your Lord is best aware of what is in your minds. If ye are righteous, then lo! He was ever Forgiving unto those
who turn (unto Him).
26. Give the kinsman his due, and the needy, and the wayfarer, and squander not (thy wealth) in wantonness.
27. Lo! the squanderers were ever brothers of the devils, and the devil was ever an ingrate to his Lord.
28. But if thou turn away from them, seeking mercy from thy Lord, for which thou hopest, then speak unto them a
reasonable word.
29. And let not thy hand be chained to thy neck nor open it with a complete opening, lest thou sit down rebuked,
denuded.
30. Lo! thy Lord enlargeth the provision for whom He will, and straiteneth (it for whom He will). Lo, He was ever
Knower, Seer of His slaves.
31. Slay not your children, fearing a fall to poverty, We shall provide for them and for you. Lo! the slaying of them is
great sin.
32. And come not near unto adultery. Lo! it is an abomination and an evil way.
33. And slay not the life which Allah hath forbidden save with right. Whoso is slain wrongfully, We have given power
unto his heir, but let him not commit excess in slaying. Lo! he will be helped.
34. Come not near the wealth of the orphan save with that which is better till he come to strength; and keep the
covenant. Lo! of the covenant it will be asked.
35. Fill the measure then ye measure, and weigh with a right balance; that is meet, and better in the end.
36. (O man), follow not that whereof thou hast no knowledge. Lo! the hearing and the sight and the heart of each of
these it will be asked.
37. And walk not in the earth exultant. Lo! thou canst not rend the earth, nor canst thou stretch to the height of the hills.
38. The evil of all that is hateful in the sight of thy Lord.
39. This is (part) of that wisdom wherewith thy Lord hath inspired thee (O Muhammad). And set not up with Allah any
other god, lest thou be cast into hell, reproved, abandoned.
40. Hath your Lord then distinguished you (O men of Mecca) by giving you sons, and hath chosen for Himself females
from among the angels? Lo! verily ye speak an awful word!
41. We verily have displayed (Our warnings) in this Qur’an that they may take heed, but it increaseth them in naught
save aversion.
42. Say (O Muhammad, to the disbelievers): If there were other gods along with Him, as they say, then had they sought
a way against the Lord of the Throne.
43. Glorified is He, and High Exalted above what they say!
44. The seven heavens and the earth and all that is therein praise Him, and there is not a thing but hymneth his praise;
but ye understand not their praise. Lo! He is ever Clement, Forgiving.
45. And when thou recitest the Qur’an We place between thee, and those who believe not in the Hereafter a hidden
barrier;
46. And We place upon their hearts veils lest they should understand it, and in their ears a deafness; and when thou
makest mention of thy Lord alone in the Qur’an, they turn their backs in aversion.
47. We are best aware of what they wish to hear when they give ear to thee and when they take secret counsel, when
the evil doers say: Ye follow but a man bewitched.
48. See what similitudes they coin for thee, and thus are all astray, and cannot find a road!
49. And they say: When we are bones and fragments, shall we, forsooth, be raised up as a new creation?
50. Say: Be ye stones or iron
51. Or some created thing that is yet greater in your thoughts! Then they will say: Who shall bring us back (to life).
Say: He who created you at the first. Then will they shake their heads at thee, and say: When will it be? Say: It will
perhaps be soon;
52. A day when He will call you and ye will answer with His praise, and ye will think that ye have tarried but a little
while.
53. Tell My bondmen to speak that which is kindlier. Lo! the devil soweth discord among them. Lo! the devil is for man
an open foe.
54. Your Lord is best aware of you. If He will, He will have mercy on you, or if He will, He will punish you. We have

not sent thee (O Muhammad) as a warden over them.
55. And thy Lord is best aware of all who are in the heavens and the earth. And we preferred some of the Prophets
above others, and unto David We gave the Psalms.
56. Say: Cry unto those (saints and angels) whom ye assume (to be gods) beside Him, yet they have no power to rid
you of misfortune nor to change.
57. Those unto whom they cry seek the way of approach to their Lord, which of them shall be the nearest; they hope
for His mercy and they fear His doom. Lo! the doom of thy Lord is to be shunned.
58. There is not a township but We shall destroy it ere the Day of Resurrection, or punish it with dire punishment. That
is set forth in the Book (of Our decrees).
59. Naught hindereth Us from sending portents save that the folk of old denied them. And We gave Thamud the she
camel a clear portent but they did wrong in respect of her. We send not portents save to warn.
60. And (it was a warning) when We told thee: Lo! thy Lord encompasseth mankind, and We appointed the vision which
We showed thee as an ordeal for mankind, and (likewise) the Accursed Tree in the Qur’an. We warn them, but it
increaseth them in naught save gross impiety.
61. And when We said unto the angels: Fall down prostrate before Adam and they fell prostrate all save Ibis, he said:
Shall I fall prostrate before that which Thou hast created of clay?
62. He said: Seest Thou this (creature) whom Thou hast honoured above me, if Thou give me grace until the Day of
Resurrection I verily will seize his seed, save but a few.
63. He said: Go, and whosoever of them followeth thee lo! your payment, ample payment.
64. And excite any of them whom thou canst with thy voice, and urge thy horse and foot against them, and be a partner
in their wealth and children, and promise them. Satan promiseth them only to deceive.
65. Lo! My (faithful) bondmen over them thou hast no power, and thy Lord sufficeth as (their) guardian.
66. (O mankind), your Lord is He Who driveth for you the ship upon the sea that ye may seek of His bounty. Lo! He
was ever Merciful toward you.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:45 am

67. And when harm toucheth you upon the sea, all unto whom ye cry (for succour) fail save Him (alone), but when He
bringeth you safe to land, ye turn away, for man was ever thankless.
68. Feel ye then secure that He will not cause a slope of the land to engulf you, or send a sandstorm, upon you, and then
ye will find that ye have no protector?
69. Or feel ye secure that He will not return you to that (plight) a second time, and send against you a hurricane of wind
and drown you for your thanklessness, and then ye will not find therein that ye have any avenger against Us?
70. Verily We have honoured the children of Adam. We carry them on the land and the sea, and have made provision
of good things for them, and have preferred them above many of those whom We created with a marked preferment.
71. On the day when We shall summon ill men with their record, whoso is given his book in his right hand such will
read their book and they will not be wronged a shred.
72. Whoso is blind here wilt be blind in the Hereafter, and yet further from the road.
73. And they indeed strove hard to beguile thee (Muhammad) away from that wherewith We have inspired thee, that
thou shouldst invent other than it against Us; and then would they have accepted thee as a friend.
74. And if We had not made thee wholly firm thou mightest almost have inclined unto them a little.
75. Then had We made thee taste a double (punishment) of living and a double (punishment) of dying, then hadst thou
found no helper against Us.
76. And they indeed wished to scare thee from the land that they might drive thee forth from thence, and then they
would have stayed (there) but a little after thee.
77. (Such was Our) method in the case of those whom We sent before thee (to mankind), and thou wilt not find for Our
method aught of power to change.
78. Establish worship at the going down of the sun until the dark of night, and (the recital of) the Qur’an at dawn. Lo!
(the recital of) the Qur’an at dawn is ever witnessed.
79. And some part of the night awake for it, a largess for thee. It may be that thy Lord will raise thee to a praised estate.
80. And say: My Lord! Cause me to come in with a firm incoming and to go out with a firm outgoing. And give me from
Thy presence a sustaining Power.
81. And say: Truth hath come and falsehood hath vanished away. Lo! falsehood is ever bound to vanish.
82. And We reveal of the Qur’an that which is a healing and a mercy for believers though it increase the evil doers in

naught save ruin.
83. And when We make life pleasant unto man, he turneth away and is averse; and when ill toucheth him he is in despair.
84. Say: Each one doth according to his rule of conduct, and thy Lord is best aware of him whose way is right.
85. They will ask thee concerning the Spirit. Say: The Spirit is by command of my Lord, and of knowledge ye have been
vouchsafed but little.
86. And if We willed We could withdraw that which We have revealed unto thee, then wouldst thou find no guardian
for thee against Us in respect thereof.
87. (It is naught) save mercy from thy Lord. Lo! His kindness unto thee was ever great.
88. Say: Verily, though mankind and the Jinn should assemble to produce the like of this Qur’an, they could not
produce the like thereof though they were helpers one of another.
89. And verity We have displayed for mankind in this Qur’an all kids or similitudes, but most of mankind refuse aught
save disbelief.
90. And they say: We will not put faith in thee till thou cause a spring to gush forth from the earth for us;
91. Or thou have a garden of date palms and grapes, and cause rivers to gush forth therein abundantly;
92. Or thou cause the heaven to fall upon us piecemeal, as thou hast pretended, or bring Allah and the angels as a
warrant;
93. Thou have a house of gold; or thou ascend up into heaven, and even then we will put no faith in thine ascension till
thou bring down for us a book that we can read. Say (O Muhammad): My Lord be glorified! Am I naught save a mortal
messenger?
94. And naught prevented mankind from believing when the guidance came unto them save that they said: Hath Allah
sent a mortal as (His) messenger?
95. Say: If there were in the earth angels walking secure, We had sent down for them from heaven an angel as
messenger.
96. Say: Allah sufficeth for a witness between me and you Lo! He is. Knower, Seer of His slaves.
97. And he whom Allah guideth, he is led aright; while, as for him whom He sendeth astray, for them thou wilt find no
protecting friends beside Him, and We shall assemble them on the Day of Resurrection on their faces, blind, dumb
and deaf; their habitation will be hell; whenever it abateth, We increase the flame for them.
98. That is their reward because they disbelieved Our revelations and said: When we are bones and fragments shall we,
forsooth, be raised up as a new creation?
99. Have they not seen that Allah Who created the heavens and the earth is Able to create the like of them, and hath
appointed for them an end whereof there is no doubt? But the wrong doers refuse aught save disbelief.
100. Say (unto them): If ye possessed the treasures of the mercy of my Lord, ye would surely hold them back for fear
of spending, for man was ever grudging.
101. And verily We gave unto Moses nine tokens, clear proofs (of Allah's Sovereignty) . Do but ask the Children of
Israel how he came unto them, then Pharaoh said unto him : Lo! I deem thee one bewitched, O Moses.
102. He said : In truth thou knowest that none sent down these (portents) save the Lord of the heavens and the earth
as proofs, and lo! (for my part) I deem thee lost, O Pharaoh.
103. And he wished to scare them from the land, but We drowned him and those with him, all together.
104. And We said unto the Children of Israel after him: Dwell in the land; but when the promise of the Hereafter
cometh to pass we shall bring you as a crowd gathered out of various nations.'
105. With truth have We sent it down, and with truth hath it descended. And We have sent thee as naught else save a
bearer of good tidings and a warner.
106. And (it is) a Qur’an that We have divided, that thou mayest recite it unto mankind at intervals, and We have
revealed it by (successive) revelation.
107. Say: Believe therein or believe not, lo! those who were given knowledge before it, when it is read unto them, fall
down prostrate on their faces, adoring,
108. Saying: Glory to our Lord! Verily the promise of our Lord must be fulfilled.
109. They fall down on their faces, weeping, and it increaseth humility in them.
110. Say (unto mankind): Cry unto Allah, or cry unto the Beneficent, unto whichsoever ye cry (it is the same). His are
the most beautiful names. And thou (Muhammad), be not loud voiced in thy worship nor yet silent therein, but follow
a way between.

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:46 am

111. And say: Praise be to Allah, Who hath not taken unto Himself a son, and Who hath no partner in the Sovereignty,
nor hath He any protecting friend through dependence. And magnify Him with all magnificence.
Surah 18. Al-Kahf

1. Praise be to Allah Who hath revealed the Scripture unto His slave, and hath not placed therein any crookedness,
2. (But hath made it) straight, to give warning of stem punishment from Him, and to bring unto the believers who do
good works the news that theirs will be a fair reward.
3. Wherein they will abide for ever;
4. And to warn those who say: Allah hath chosen a son,
5. (A thing) whereof they have no knowledge, nor (had) thee fathers. Dreadful is the word that cometh out of their
mouths. They speak naught but a lie.
6. Yet it may be, if they believe not in this statement, that thou (Muhammad) wilt torment thy soul with grief over their
footsteps.
7. Lo! We have placed all that is in the earth as an ornament thereof that we may try them: which of them is best in
conduct.
8. And lo! We shall make all that is therein a barren mound.
9. Or deemest thou that the People of the Cave and the Inscription are a wonder among Our portents?
10. When the young men Red for refuge to the Cave and said: Our Lord! Give us mercy from Thy presence and shape
for us right conduct in our plight
11. Then We sealed up their hearing in the Cave for a number of years.
12. And afterward We raised them up that We might know which of the two parties would best calculate the time that
they had tarried.
13. We narrate unto thee their story with truth. Lo! they were young men who believed in their Lord, and We increased
them in guidance.
14. And We made firm their hearts when they stood forth and said: Our Lord is the Lord of the heavens and the earth.
We cry unto no god beside Him, for then should we utter an enormity.
15. These, our people, have chosen (other) gods beside Him though they bring no clear warrant (vouchsafed) to them.
And who doth greater wrong than he who inventeth a lie concerning Allah?
16. And when ye withdraw from them and that which they worship except Allah, then seek refuge in the Cave; your Lord
will spread for you of His mercy and will prepare for you a pillow in your plight.
17. And thou mightest have seen the sun when it rose move away from their cave to the right, and when it set go past
them on the left, and they were in the cleft thereof. That was (one) of the portents of Allah. He whom Allah guideth,
he indeed is led aright, and he whom He sendeth astray, for him thou wilt not find a guiding friend.
18. And thou wouldst have deemed them waking thou they were asleep, and we caused them to turn over to the right
and the left, and their dog stretching out his paws on the threshold. If thou hadst observed them closely thou hadst
assuredly turned away from them in flight, and hadst been filled with awe of them.
19. And in like manner We awakened them that they might question one another. A speaker from among them said :
How long have ye tarried? They said: We have tarried a day or some part of a day, (Others) said: Your Lord best
knoweth what ye have tarried. Now send one of you with this your silver coin unto the city, and let him see what food
is purest there and bring you a supply thereof. Let him be courteous and let no man know of you.
20. For they, if they should come to know of you, will stone you or turn you back to their religion; then ye will never
prosper.
21. And in like manner We disclosed them (to the people of the city) that they might know that the promise of Allah
is true, and that, as for the Hour, there is no doubt concerning it. When (the people of the city) disputed of their case
among themselves, they said: Build over them a building; their Lord knoweth best concerning them. Those who won
their point said: We verity shall build a place of worship over them.
22. (Some) will say: They were three, their dog the fourth, and (some) say: Five, their dog the sixth, guessing at
random; and (some) say: Seven, and their dog the eighth. Say (O Muhammad): My Lord is best aware of their number.
None knoweth them save a few. So contend not concerning them except with an outward contending, and ask not any
of them to pronounce concerning them.

23. And say not of anything: Lo! I shall do that tomorrow,
24. Except if Allah will. And remember thy Lord when thou forgettest, and say: It may be that my Lord guideth me unto
a nearer way of truth than this.
25. And (it is said) they tarried in their Cave three hundred years and add nine.
26. Say: Allah is best aware how long they tarried. His is the Invisible of the heavens and the earth. How clear of sight
is He and keen of hearing! They have no protecting friend beside Him, and He maketh none to share in His government.
27. And recite that which hath been revealed unto thee of the scripture of thy Lord. There is none who can change His
words, and thou wilt find no refuge beside Him.
28. Restrain thyself along with those who cry unto their Lord at morn and evening, seeking His countenance; and let
not thine eyes overlook them, desiring the pomp of the life of the world; and obey not him whose heart We have made
heedless of Our remembrance, who followeth his own lust and whose case hath been abandoned.
29. Say: (It is) the truth from the Lord of you (all). Then whosoever will, let him believe, and whosoever will, let him
disbelieve. Lo! We have prepared for disbelievers Fire. Its tent encloseth them. If they ask for showers, they will be
showered with water like to molten lead which burneth the faces. Calamitous the drink and ill the resting place!
30. Lo! as for those who believe and do good works, Lo! We suffer not the reward of one whose work is goodly to be
lost.
31. As for such, theirs will be Gardens of Eden, wherein rivers flow beneath them; therein they will be given armlets
of gold and will wear green robes of finest silk and gold embroidery, reclining upon thrones therein. Blest the reward,
and fair the resting place!
32. Coin for them a similitude: Two men, unto one of whom We had assigned two gardens of grapes, and We had
surrounded both with date palms and had put between them tillage.
33. Each of the gardens gave its fruit and withheld naught thereof. And We caused a river to gush forth therein.
34. And he had fruit. And he said unto his comrade, when he spake with him: I am more than thee in wealth, and stronger
in respect of men.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:46 am

35. And he went into his garden, while he (thus) wronged himself. He said: I think not that all this will ever perish.
36. I think not that the Hour will ever come, and if indeed I am brought back unto my Lord I surely shall find better than
this as a resort.
37. And his comrade, while he disputed with him, ex claimed: Disbelievest thou in Him Who created thee of dust, then
of a drop (of seed), and then fashioned thee a man?
38. But He is Allah, my Lord, and I ascribe unto my Lord no partner.
39. If only, when thou enteredst thy garden, thou hadst said: That which Allah wilteth (will come to pass)! There is no
strength save in Allah! Though thou seest me as less than thee in wealth and children.
40. Yet it may be that my Lord will give me better than thy garden, and will send on it a bolt from heaven, and some
morning it will be a smooth hillside,
41. Or some morning the water thereof will he lost in the earth so that thou canst not make search for it.
42. And his fruit was beset (with destruction). Then began he to wring his hands for all that he had spent upon it, when
(now) it was all ruined on its trellises, and to say: Would that I had ascribed no partner to my Lord!
43. And he had no troop of men to help him as against Allah, nor could he save himself.
44. In this case is protection only from Allah, the True. He is best for reward, and best for consequence.
45. And coin for them the similitude of the life of the world as water which We send down from the sky, and the
vegetation of the earth mingleth with it and then becometh dry twigs that the winds scatter. Allah is Able to do all
things.
46. Wealth and children are an ornament of life of the world. But the good deeds which endure are better in thy Lord's
sight for reward, and better in respect of hope.
47. And (bethink you of) the Day when We remove the hills and ye see the earth emerging, and We gather them
together so as to leave not one of them behind.
48. And they are set before thy Lord in ranks (and it is said unto them): Now verily have ye come unto Us as We
created you at the first. But ye thought that We had set no tryst for you.
49. And the Book is placed, and thou seest the guilty fearful of that which is therein, and they say: What Kind of a book
is this that leaveth not a small thing nor a great thing but hath counted it! And they find all that they did confronting
them, and thy Lord wrongeth no one.

50. And (remember) when We said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, and they fell prostrate, all save Ibis.
He was of the Jinn, so he rebelled against his Lord's command. Will ye choose him and his seed for your protecting
friends instead of Me, when they are an enemy unto you? Calamitous is the exchange for evil doers!
51. I made them not to witness the creation of the heavens and the earth, nor their own creation; nor choose I
misleaders for (My) helpers.
52. And (be mindful of) the Day when He will say: Call those partners of Mine whom ye pretended. Then they will cry
unto them, but they will not hear their prayer, and We shall set a gulf of doom between them.
53. And the guilty behold the Fire and know that they are about to fall therein, and they find no way of escape thence:
54. And verily We have displayed for mankind in this Qur’an all manner of similitudes, but man is more than anything
contentious.
55. And naught hindereth mankind from believing when the guidance cometh unto them, and from asking for
forgiveness of their Lord, unless (it be that they wish) that the judgment of the men of old should come upon them or
(that) they should be confronted with the Doom.
56. We send not the messengers save as bearers of good news and warners. Those who disbelieve contend with
falsehood in order to refute the Truth thereby. And they take Our revelations and that wherewith they are threatened
as a jest
57. And who doth greater wrong than he who hath been reminded of the revelations of his Lord, yet turneth away from
them and forgetteth what his hands send forward (to the Judgment)? Lo! on their hearts We have placed coverings so
that they understand not, and in their ears a deafness. And though thou call them to the guidance, in that case they can
never be led aright.
58. Thy Lord is the Forgiver, Full of Mercy. If He took them to task (now) for what they earn, He would hasten on the
doom for them; but their is an appointed term from which they will find no escape
59. And (all) those townships! We destroyed them when they did wrong, and We appointed a fixed time for their
destruction.
60. And when Moses said unto his servant: I will not give up until I reach the point where the two rivers meet, though
I march on for ages.
61. And when they reached the point where the two met, they forgot their fish, and it took its way into the waters, being
free.
62. And when they had gone further, he said unto his servant: Bring us our breakfast. Verily we have found fatigue in
this our journey.
63. He said: Didst thou see, when we took refuge on the rock, and I forgot the fish and none but Satan caused me to
forget to mention it, it took its way into the waters by a marvel.
64. He said: This is that which we have been seeking they retraced their steps again.
65. Then found they one of Our slaves, unto whom We had given mercy from Us, and had taught him knowledge from
Our presence.
66. Moses said unto him: May I follow thee, to the end that thou mayst teach me right conduct of that which thou hast
been taught?
67. He said: Lo! thou canst not bear with me.
68. How canst thou bear with that whereof thou canst not compass any knowledge?
69. He said: Allah willing, thou, shalt find me patient and I shall not in aught gainsay thee:
70. He said: Well, if thou go with me, ask me not concerning aught till I myself mention of it unto thee.
71. So the twain set out till, when they were in the ship, be made a hole therein. (Moses) said: Hast thou made a hole
therein to drown the folk thereof? Thou verily hast done a dreadful thing.
72. He said: Did I not tell thee thou couldst not bear with me?
73. (Moses) said: Be not wroth with me that I forgot, and be not hard upon me for my fault.
74. So the twain journeyed on till, when they met a lad, he slew him. (Moses) said: What! Hast thou slain an innocent
soul who hath slain no man? Verily thou hast done a horrid thing.
75. He said: Did I not tell thee that thou couldst not bear with me?' `
76. (Moses) said: If I ask thee after this concerning aught, keep not company with `me. Thou hast received an excuse
from me.
77. So they twain journeyed on till, when they came unto the folk of a certain township, they asked its folk for food,

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:47 am

but they refused to make them guests. And they found therein a wall upon the point of falling into ruin, and he repaired
it. (Moses) said : If thou hadst wished, thou couldst have taken payment for it.
78. He said: This is the parting between thee and me! I will announce unto thee the interpretation of that thou couldst
not bear with patience.
79. As for the ship, it belonged to poor people working on the river, and I wished to mar it, for there was a king behind
them who is taking every ship by force.
80. And as for the lad, his parents were believers and We feared lest he should oppress them by rebellion and disbelief.
81. And We intended that their Lord should change him for them for one better in purity and nearer to mercy.
82. And as for the wall, it belonged to two orphan boys in the city, and there was beneath it a treasure belonging to them
and their father had been righteous, and thy Lord intended that they should come to their full strength and should bring
forth their treasure as a mercy from their Lord; and I did it not upon my own command. Such is the interpretation of
that wherewith thou couldst not bear.
83. They will ask thee of Dhul-Qarneyn. Say: I shall recite unto you a remembrance of him.
84. Lo! We made him strong in the land and gave unto every thing a road.
85. And he followed a road
86. Till, when he reached the setting place of the sun, he found it setting in a muddy spring, and found a people
thereabout: We said: O Dhul-Qarneyn! Either punish or show them kindness.
87. He said: As for him who doeth wrong, we shall punish him, and then he will be brought back unto, his Lord, who
will punish him with awful punishment!
88. But as for him who believeth and doeth right, good will be his reward, and We shall speak unto him a mild
command.
89. Then he followed a road
90. Till, when he reached the rising place of the sun, he found it rising on a people for whom We had appointed no
helper therefrom.
91. So (it was). And We knew all concerning him.
92. Then he followed a road
93. Till, when he came between the two mountains, he found upon their hither side a folk that scarce could understand
a saying.
94. They said: O Dhul-Qarneyn! Lo! Gog and Magog are spoiling the land. So may we pay thee tribute on condition that
thou set a barrier between us and them?
95. He said: That wherein my Lord hath established me better (than your tribute). Do but help me with strength (of
men), I will set between you and them a bank.
96. Give me pieces of iron till, when he had levelled up (the gap) between the cliffs, he said: Blow! till, when he had
made it a fire, he said: Bring me molten copper to pour thereon.
97. And (Gog and Magog) were not able to surmount, nor could they pierce (it).
98. He said: This is a mercy from my Lord; but when the promise of my Lord cometh to pass, He will lay it low, for
the promise of my Lord is true.
99. And on that day We shall let some of them surge against others, and the Trumpet will be blown. Then We shall
gather them together in one gathering.
100. On that day We shall present hell to the disbelievers, plain to view,
101. Those whose eyes were hoodwinked from My reminder, and who could not bear to hear.
102. Do the disbelievers reckon that they can choose My bondmen as protecting friends beside Me? Lo! We have
prepared hell as a welcome for the disbelievers.
103. Say: Shall We inform you who will be the greatest losers by their works?
104. Those whose effort goeth astray in the life of the world, and yet they reckon that they do good work.
105. Those are they who disbelieve in the revelations of their Lord and in the meeting with Him. Therefor their works
are vain, and on the Day of Resurrection We assign no weight to them.
106. That is their reward: hell, because they disbelieved, and made a jest of Our revelations and Our messengers.
107. Lo! those who believe and do good works, theirs are the Gardens of Paradise, for welcome,
108. Wherein they will abide, with no desire to be removed from thence.
109. Say: Though the sea became ink for the Words of my Lord, verily the sea would be used up before the Words of

my Lord were exhausted, even though We brought the like thereof to help.
110. Say: I am only a mortal like you. My Lord inspireth in me that your God is only One God. And whoever hopeth
for the meeting with his Lord, let him do righteous work, and make none sharer of the worship due unto his Lord.
Surah 19. Maryam

1. Kaf. Ha. Ya. Ain. Sad.
2. A mention of the mercy of thy Lord unto His servant Zachariah.
3. When he cried unto his Lord a cry in secret,
4. Saying: My Lord! Lo! the bones of me wax feeble and my head is shining with grey hair, and I have never been
unblest in prayer to Thee, my Lord.
5. Lo! I fear my kinsfolk after me, since my wife is barren. Oh, give me from Thy presence a successor
6. Who shall inherit of me and inherit (also) of the house of Jacob. And make him, my Lord, acceptable ( unto Thee).
7. (It was said unto him): O Zachariah! Lo! We bring thee tidings of a son whose name is John; We have given the same
name to none before (him).
8. He said: My Lord! How can I have a son when my wife is barren and I have reached infirm old age?
9. He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me, even as I created thee before, when thou wast naught.
10. He said: My Lord! Appoint for me some token. He said: Thy token is that thou, with no bodily defect, shalt not
speak unto mankind three nights.
11. Then he came forth unto his people from the sanctuary, and signified to them: Glorify your Lord at break of day
and fall of night.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:48 am

12. (And it was said unto his son): O John! Hold the Scripture. And We gave him wisdom when a child.
13. And compassion from Our presence, and purity; and he was devout,
14. And dutiful toward his parents. And he was not arrogant, rebellious.
15. Peace on him the day be was born, and the day he dieth and the day he shall be raised alive!
16. And make mention of Mary in the Scripture, when she had withdrawn from her people to a chamber looking East,
17. And had chosen seclusion from them. Then We sent unto her Our spirit and it assumed for her the likeness of a
perfect man.
18. She said: Lo! I seek refuge in the Beneficent One from thee, if thou art God fearing.
19. He said: I am only a messenger of thy Lord, that I may bestow on thee a faultless son.
20. She said: How can I have a son when no mortal hath touched me, neither have I been unchaste!
21. He said: So (it will be). Thy Lord saith: It is easy for Me. And (it will be) that We may make of him a revelation
for mankind and a mercy from Us, and it is a thing ordained.
22. And she, conceived him, and she withdrew with him to a place.
23. And the pangs of childbirth drove her unto the trunk of the palm tree. She said: Oh, would that I had died ere this
and had become a thing of naught, forgotten!
24. Then (one) cried unto her from below her, saying: Grieve not! Thy Lord hath placed a rivulet beneath thee,
25. And shake the trunk of the palm tree toward thee, thou wilt cause ripe dates to fall upon thee.
26. So eat and drink and be consoled. And if thou meetest any mortal, say: Lo! I have vowed a fast unto the Beneficent,
and may not speak this day to any mortal.
27. Then she brought him to her own folk, carrying him. They said: O Mary! Thou hast come with an amazing thing.
28. Oh sister of Aaron! Thy father was not a wicked man nor was thy mother a harlot.
29. Then she pointed to him. They said How can we tale to one who is in the cradle, a young boy?
30. He spake: Lo! I am the slave of Allah. He hath given me the Scripture and hath appointed me a Prophet,
31. And hath made me blessed wheresoever I may be, and hath enjoined upon me prayer and alms giving so long as I
remain alive,
32. And (hath made me) dutiful toward her who bore me, and hath not made me arrogant, unblest.
33. Peace on me the day I was born, and the day I die, and the day I shall be raised alive!
34. Such was Jesus, son of Mary: (this is) a statement of the truth concerning which they doubt.
35. It befitteth not (the Majesty of) Allah that He should take unto Himself a son. Glory be to Him! When He decreeth
a thing, He saith unto it only: Be! and it is.

36. And lo! Allah is my Lord and your Lord. So serve Him. That is the right path.
37. The sects among them differ: but woe unto the disbelievers from the meeting of an awful Day.
38. See and hear them on the Day they come unto Us! Yet the evil doers are today in error manifest.
39. And warn them of the Day of anguish when the case hath been decided. Now they are in a state of carelessness, and
they believe not.
40. Lo! We inherit the earth and all who are thereon, and unto Us they are returned.
41. And make mention (O Muhammad) in the Scripture of Abraham. Lo! he was a saint, a Prophet.
42. When he said unto his father: O my father! Why worshippest thou that which beareth not nor seeth, nor can in aught
avail thee?
43. O my father! Lo! there hath come unto me of knowledge that which came not unto thee. So follow me, and I will
lead thee on a right path.
44. O my father! Serve not the devil. Lo! the devil is a rebel unto the Beneficent.
45. O my father! Lo! I fear lest a punishment from the Beneficent overtake thee so that thou become a comrade of the
devil.
46. He said: Rejectest thou my gods, O Abraham? If thou cease not, I shall surely stone thee. Depart from me a long
while!
47. He said: Peace be unto thee! I shall ask forgiveness of my Lord for thee. Lo! He was ever gracious unto me.
48. I shall withdraw from you and that unto which ye pray beside Allah, and I shall pray unto my Lord. It may be that,
in prayer unto my Lord, I shall not be unblest.
49. So, when he had withdrawn from them and that which they were worshipping beside Allah. We gave him Isaac and
Jacob. Each of them We made a Prophet.
50. And We gave them of Our mercy, and assigned to them a high and true renown.
51. And make mention in the Scripture of Moses. Lo! he was chosen, and he was a messenger (of Allah), a Prophet.
52. We called him from the right slope of the Mount, and brought him nigh in communion.
53. And We bestowed upon him of Our mercy his brother Aaron, a Prophet (likewise).
54. And make mention in the Scripture of Ishmael. Lo! he was a keeper of his promise, and he was a messenger (of
Allah) a Prophet.
55. He enjoined upon his people worship and alms giving, and was acceptable in the sight of his Lord.
56. And make mention in the Scripture of Idris. Lo! he was a saint, a Prophet;
57. And We raised him to high station.
58. These are they unto whom Allah showed favour from among the Prophets, of the seed of Adam and of those whom
We carried (in the ship) with Noah, and of the seed of Abraham and Israel, and from among those whom We guided
and chose. When the revelations of the Beneficent were recited unto them, they fell down, adoring and weeping.
59. Now there hath succeeded them a later generation who have ruined worship and have followed lusts. But they will
meet deception.
60. Save him who shall repent and believe and do right Such will enter the Garden and they will not be wronged in aught.
61. Gardens of Eden, which the Beneficent hath, promised to His slaves in the Unseen. Lo! His promise is ever sure
of fulfilment.
62. They hear therein no idle talk, but only Peace; and therein they have food for morn and evening.
63. Such is the Garden which We cause the devout among Our bondmen to inherit.
64. We (angels) come not down save by commandment of thy Lord. Unto Him belongeth all that is before us and all
that is behind us and all that is between those two, and thy Lord was never forgetful
65. Lord of the heavens and the earth and all that is between them! Therefor, worship thou Him and be thou steadfast
in His service. Knowest thou one that can be named along with Him? `
66. And man saith: When I am dead, shall I forsooth be brought forth alive?
67. Doth not man remember that We created him before, when he was naught?
68. And, by thy Lord, verily We shall assemble them and the devils, then We shall bring them, crouching, around hell.
69. Then We shall pluck out from every sect whichever of them was most stern in rebellion to the Beneficent.
70. And surely We are best aware of those most worthy to be burned therein.
71. There is not one of you but shall approach it. That is a fixed ordinance of thy Lord.
72. Then We shall rescue those who kept from evil, and leave the evil doers crouching there.

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:49 am

73. And when Our clear revelations are recited unto them those who disbelieve say Unto those who believe: Which
of the two parties (yours or ours) is better in position, and more imposing as an army?
74. How many a generation have We destroyed before them, who were more imposing in respect of gear and outward
seeming!
75. Say: As for him who is in error, the Beneficent will verily prolong his span of life until, when they behold that
which they were promised, whether it be punishment (in the world), or Hour (of Doom), they will know who is worse
in position and who is weaker as, an army.
76. Allah increaseth in right guidance those who walk aright, and the good deeds which endure are better in thy Lord's
sight for reward, and better for resort.
77. Hast thou seen him who disbelieveth in Our revelations and saith: Assuredly I shall be given wealth and children!
78. Hath he perused the Unseen, or hath he made a pact with the Beneficent?
79. Nay, but We shall record that which he saith and prolong for him a span of torment.
80. And We shall inherit from him that whereof he spake, and he will come unto Us, alone (without his wealth and
children).
81. And they have chosen (other) gods beside Allah that they may be a power for them.
82. Nay, but they will deny their worship of them, and become opponents unto them.
83. Seest thou not that We have set the devils on the disbelievers to confound them with confusion?
84. So make no haste against them (O Muhammad). We do but number unto them a sum (of days).
85. On the Day when We shall gather the righteous unto the Beneficent, a goodly company.
86. And drive the guilty unto Hell, a weary herd,
87. They will have no power of intercession, save him who hath made a covenant with his Lord
88. And they say: The Beneficent hath taken unto Himself a son.
89. Assuredly ye Utter a disastrous thing,
90. Whereby almost the heavens are torn, and the earth is split asunder and the mountains fall in ruins,
91. That ye ascribe unto the Beneficent a son,
92. When it is not meet for (the Majesty of) the Beneficent that He should choose a son.
93. There is none in the heavens and the earth but cometh unto the Beneficent as a slave.
94. Verily He knoweth them and numbereth them with (right) numbering.
95. And each one of them will come unto Him on the Day of Resurrection, alone.
96. Lo! those who believe and do good works, the Beneficent will appoint for them love.
97. And We make (this Scripture) easy in thy tongue, (O Muhammad) only that thou mayst bear good tidings therewith
unto those who ward off (evil), and warn therewith the froward folk.
98. And how many a generation before them have We destroyed! Canst thou (Muhammad) see a single man of them,
or hear from them the slightest sound?
Surah 20. Ta-ha

1. Ta. Ha.
2. We have not revealed unto thee (Muhammad) this Qur’an that thou shouldst be distressed,
3. But as a reminder unto him who feareth,
4. A revelation from Him Who created the earth and the high heavens,
5. The Beneficent One, Who is established on the Throne
6. Unto Him belongeth whatsoever is in the heavens and whatsoever is in the earth, and whatsoever is between them,
and whatsoever is beneath the sod.
7. And if thou speakest aloud, then Lo! He knoweth the secret (thought) and (that which is yet) more hidden.
8. Allah! There is no God save Him. His are the most beautiful names.
9. Hath there come unto thee the story of Moses?
10. When he saw a fire and said unto his folk: Wait! I see a fire afar off. Peradventure I may bring you a brand
therefrom or may find guidance at the fire.
11. And when he reached it, he was called by name: O Moses!
12. Lo! I, even I, am thy Lord. So take off thy shoes, for Lo! thou art in the holy valley of Tuwa.

13. And I have chosen thee, so hearken unto that which is inspired.
14. Lo! I, even I, am Allah. There is no God save Me. serve Me and establish worship for My remembrance.
15. Lo! the Hour is surely coming. But I will to keep it hidden, that every soul may be rewarded for that which it
striveth (to achieve).
16. Therefor, let not him turn thee aside from (the thought of) it who believeth not therein but followeth his own
desire, lest thou perish.
17. And what is that in thy right hand, O Moses?
18. He said: This is my staff whereon I lean, and wherewith I beat down branches for my sheep, and wherein I find other
uses.
19. He said: Cast it down, O Moses!
20. So he cast it down, and Lo! it was a serpent, gliding.
21. He said: Grasp it and fear not. We shall return it to its former state.
22. And thrust thy hand within thine armpit, it will come forth white without hurt. (That will be) another token.
23. That We may show thee (some) of Our greater portents,
24. Go thou unto Pharaoh! Lo! he hath transgressed (the bounds).
25. (Moses) said: My Lord! Relieve my mind
26. And ease my task for me;
27. And loose a knot from my tongue,
28. That they may understand my saying.
29. Appoint for me a henchman from my folk,
30. Aaron, my brother.
31. Confirm my strength with him.
32. And let him share my task,
33. That we may glorify Thee much.
Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:50 am

34. And much remember Thee.
35. Lo! Thou art ever Seeing us.
36. He said: Thou art granted thy request, O Moses.
37. And indeed, another time, already We have shown thee favour,
38. When We inspired in thy mother that which is inspired,
39. Saying: Throw him into the ark, and throw it into the river, then the river shall throw it on to the bank, and there an
enemy to Me and an enemy to him shall take him. And I endued thee with love from Me that thou mightest be trained
according to My will,
40. When thy sister went and said: Shall I show you one who will nurse him? and We restored thee to thy mother that
her eyes might be refreshed and might not sorrow. And thou didst kill a man and We delivered thee from great distress,
and tried thee with a heavy trial. And thou didst tarry years among the folk of Midian. Then comest thou (hither) by
(My) providence, O Moses,
41. And I have attached thee to Myself.
42. Go, thou and thy brother, with My tokens, and be not faint in remembrance of Me.
43. Go, both of you, unto Pharaoh. Lo! he hath transgressed (the bounds).
44. And speak unto him a gentle word, that peradventure he may heed or fear.
45. They said: Our Lord! Lo! we fear that he may be beforehand with us or that he may play the tyrant.
46. He said: Fear not. Lo! I am with you twain, Hearing and Seeing.
47. So go ye unto him and say: Lo! we are two messengers of thy Lord. So let the Children of Israel go with us, and
torment them not. We bring thee a token from thy Lord And peace will be for him who followeth right guidance.
48. Lo! it hath been revealed unto us that the doom will be for him who denieth and turneth away.
49. (Pharaoh) said: Who then is the Lord of you twain, O Moses?
50. He said: Our Lord is He Who gave unto evening its nature, then guided it aright.
51. He said : What then is the state of the generations of old?
52. He said: The knowledge thereof is with my Lord in a Record. My Lord neither erreth nor forgetteth,
53. Who hath appointed the earth as a bed and hath threaded roads for you therein and hath sent down water from the
sky and thereby We have brought forth divers kinds of vegetation,

54. (Saying): Eat ye and feed your cattle. Lo! herein verily are portents for men of thought.
55. Thereof We created you, and thereunto we return you and thence We bring you forth a second time.
56. And We verily did show him all Our tokens, but he denied them and refused.
57. He said: Hast come to drive us out from our land by thy magic, O Moses?
58. But we surely can produce magic the like thereof; so appoint a tryst between us and you, which neither we nor thou
shall fail to keep, at a place convenient (to us both).
59. (Moses) said: Your tryst shall be the day of the feast, and let the people assemble when the sun hath risen high.
60. Then Pharaoh went and gathered his strength came (to the appointed tryst).
61. Moses said unto them: Woe unto you! Invent not a lie against Allah, lest He extirpate you by some punishment.
He who lieth faileth miserably.
62. Then they debated one with another what they must do, and they kept their counsel secret.
63. They said: Lo! these are two wizards who would drive you out from your country by their magic, and destroy your
best traditions;
64. So arrange your plan, and come in battle line. Whoso is uppermost this day will be indeed successful.
65. They said: O Moses! Either throw first, or let us be the first to throw?
66. He said: Nay, do ye throw! Then Lo! their cords and their staves, by their magic, appeared to him as though they
ran.
67. And Moses conceived a fear in his mind
68. We said: Fear not! Lo! thou art the higher.
69. Throw that which is in thy right hand! It will eat up that which they have made. Lo! that which they have made but
a wizards artifice, and a wizard shall not be successful to whatever point (of skill) he may attain.
70. Then the wizards were (all) flung down prostrate, crying: We believe in the Lord of Aaron and Moses.
71. (Pharaoh) said: Ye put faith in him before I give you leave. Lo! he is your chief who taught you magic. Now surely
I shall cut off your hands and your feet alternately, and I shall crucify you on the trunks of palm trees, and ye shall know
for certain which of us hath sterner and more lasting punishment.
72. They said: We choose thee not above the clear proofs that have come unto us, and above Him Who created us. So
decree what thou wilt decree. Thou wilt end for us only the life of the world.
73. Lo! we believe in our Lord, that He may forgive us our sins and the magic unto which thou didst force us. Allah is
better and more lasting.
74. Lo! whoso cometh guilty unto his Lord, verily for him is hell. There he will neither die nor live.
75. But whoso cometh unto Him a believer, having done good works, for such are the high stations;
76. Gardens of Eden underneath which rivers flow, wherein they will abide for ever. That is the reward of him who
groweth.
77. And verily We inspired Moses, saying: Take away My slaves by night and strike for them a dry path in the sea,
fearing not to be overtaken, neither being afraid (of the sea).
78. Then Pharaoh followed with his hosts and there covered them that which did cover them of the sea.
79. And Pharaoh led his folk astray, he did not guide them.
80. O Children of Israel! We delivered you from your enemy, and We made a covenant with you on the holy mountain's
side, and sent down on you the manna and the quails,
81. (Saying): Eat of the good things wherewith We have provided you, and transgress not in respect thereof lest My
wrath come upon you; and he on whom My wrath cometh, he is lost indeed.
82. And lo! verily I am Forgiving toward him who repenteth and believeth and doeth good, and afterward walketh aright.
83. And (it was said): What hath made thee hasten from thy folk, O Moses?
84. He said: They are close upon my track. I hastened unto Thee that Thou mightest be well pleased.
85. He said: Lo! We have tried thy folk in thine absence, and As-Samiri hath misled thee
86. Then Moses went back unto his folk, angry and sad He said: O my people! Hath not your Lord promised you a fair
promise? Did the time appointed then appear too long for you, or did ye wish that wrath from your Lord should come
upon you, that ye broke tryst with me?
87. They said: We broke not tryst with thee of our own will, but we were laden with burdens of ornaments of the folk,
then cast them (in the fire), for thus As-Samiri proposed
88. Then he produced for them a calf, of saffron hue, which gave forth a lowing sound. And they cried: This is your God

Back to top Go down
gebran-ja

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitimeFri Mar 27, 2009 11:51 am

and the God of Moses, but he hath forgotten.
89. See they not, then, that it returneth no saying unto them and possesseth for them neither hurt nor use?
90. And Aaron indeed had told them beforehand: O my people! Ye are but being seduced therewith, for lo! your Lord
is the Beneficent, so follow me and obey my order.
91. They said: We shall by no means cease to be its votaries till Moses return unto us.
92. He (Moses) said: O Aaron! What held thee back when thou didst see them gone astray,
93. That thou followest me not? Hast thou then disobeyed my order?
94. He said: O son of my mother! Clutch not my beard nor my head! I feared lest thou shouldst say: Thou hast caused
division among the Children of Israel, and hast not waited for my word.
95. (Moses) said: And what has thou to say, O Samiri?
96. He said: I perceived what they perceive not, so I seized a handful from the footsteps of the messenger, and then
threw it in. Thus my soul commended to me.
97. (Moses) said: Then go! And lo! in this life it is for thee to say: Touch me not! and lo! there is for thee a tryst thou
canst not break. Now look upon thy god of which thou hast remained a votary. Verily we will burn it and will scatter
its dust over the sea.
98. Your God is only Allah, than Whom there is no other God He embraceth all things in His knowledge.
99. Thus relate Who unto thee (Muhammad) some tidings of that which happened of old, and We have given thee from
Our presence a Reminder.
100. Whoso turneth away from it, he verily will bear a burden on the Day of Resurrection,
101. Abiding under it an evil burden for them on the Day of Resurrection,
102. The day when the Trumpet is blown. On that day we assemble the guilty white eyed (with terror),
103. Murmuring among themselves: Ye have tarried but ten (days).
104. We are best aware of what they utter when their best in conduct say: Ye have tarried but a day.
105. They will ask thee of the mountains (on that day). Say: My Lord will break them into scattered dust.
106. And leave it as an empty plain,
107. Wherein thou seest neither curve nor ruggedness.
108. On that day they follow the summoner who deceiveth not, and voices are hushed for the Beneficent, and thou
hearest but a faint murmur.
109. On that Day no intercession availeth save (that of) him unto whom the Beneficent hath given leave and whose He
accepteth:
110. He knoweth (all) that is before them and (all) that is behind them, while they cannot compass it in knowledge.
111. And faces humble themselves before the Living, the Eternal. And he who beareth (a burden of) wrongdoing is
indeed a failure (on that Day).
112. And he who hath done some good works, being a believer, he feareth not injustice nor begrudging (of his wage).
113. Thus We have revealed it as a Lecture in Arabic, and have displayed therein certain threats, that peradventure they
may keep from evil or that it may cause them to take heed.
114. Then exalted be Allah, the True King! And hasten not (O Muhammad) with the Qur’an ere its revelation hath been
perfected unto thee, and say: My Lord! Increase me in knowledge.
115. And verily We made a covenant of old with Adam, but he forgot, and We found no constancy in him.
116. And when We said unto the angels: Fall prostrate before Adam, they fell prostrate (all) save Iblis; he refused.
117. Therefor We said: O Adam! This is an enemy unto thee and unto thy wife, so let him not drive you both out of the
Garden so that thou come to toil.
118. It is (vouchsafed) unto thee that thou hungerest not therein nor art naked,
119. And thou thirstest not therein nor art exposed to the sun's heat.
120. But the Devil whispered to him, saying: O Adam! Shall I show thee the tree of immortality and power that wasteth
not away?
121. Then they twain ate thereof, so that their shame became apparent unto them, and they began to hide by heaping
on themselves some of the leaves of the Garden. And Adam disobeyed his Lord, so went astray.
122. Then his Lord chose him, and relented toward him, and guided him.
123. He said: Go down hence, both of you, one of you a foe unto the other. But if there come unto you from Me a
guidance, then whoso followeth My guidance, he will not go astray nor come to grief.

124. But he who turneth away from remembrance of Me, his will be a narrow life, and I shall bring him blind to the
assembly on the Day of Resurrection.
125. He will say: My Lord! Wherefore hast Thou gathered me (hither) blind, when I was wont to see?
126. He will say: So (it must be). Our revelations came unto thee but thou didst forget them. In like manner thou art
forgotten this Day.
127. Thus do We reward him who is prodigal and believeth not the revelations of his Lord; and verily the doom of the
Hereafter will be sterner and more lasting.
128. Is it not a guidance for them (to know) how many a generation We destroyed before them, amid whose dwellings
they walk? Lo! therein verily are signs for men of thought.
129. And but for a decree that had already gone forth from thy Lord, and a term already fixed, the judgment would
(have) been inevitable (in this world).
130. Therefor (O Muhammad), bear with what they say, and celebrate the praises of thy Lord ere the rising of the sun
and ere the going down thereof. And glorify Him some hours of the night and at the two ends of the day, that thou mayst
find acceptance.
131. And strain not thine eyes toward that which We cause some wedded pairs among them to enjoy, the flower of the
life of the world, that We may try them thereby. The provision of thy Lord is better and more lasting.
132. And enjoin upon thy people worship, and be constant therein. We ask not of thee a provision: We provide for thee.
And the sequel is for righteousness.
133. And they say: If only he would bring us a miracle from his Lord! Hath there not come unto them the proof of what
is in the former Scriptures?
134. And if We had destroyed them with some punishment before it, they would assuredly have said: Our Lord! If only
Thou hadst sent unto us a messenger, so that we might have followed Thy revelations before we were (thus) humbled
and disgraced!
135. Say: Each is awaiting; so await ye! Ye will come to know who are the owners of the path of equity, and who is
right.
Back to top Go down
Sponsored content

PostSubject: Re: Qur’an in english   Qur’an in english - Page 3 Icon_minitime

Back to top Go down

Qur’an in english
Page 3 of 6Go to page : Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Permissions in this forum:You cannot reply to topics in this forum
ismaili :: Your first category :: interlocution civilized-
Jump to: